New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Athlon Optics  (Read 1007 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Athlon Optics
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 06:57:17 AM »
Notsams.....forgot to respond to your comment about Tract Optics....my first Tract product was a pair of Tract Toric 10x42 binoculars for 9 months, but did buy the pair of Toric on July 12, 2017 direct from Tract for around $700. Compare them to my Swarovski's (purchased new), Vortex Vipers (purchased new) Zeiss (purchased new), Canon's IS (purchased refurbished) and Leupold Gold Ring (purchased used) and they were great, sharp, clear and contains Schott glass. They are so close to my reference pair and for about a 1/3 the cost of the Swarovski's EL there is no question that they are a great buy....the only down side was that they were a tad bit heavy....I would not recommend that you wear them around your neck, unless you are young and in good shape...but the optics are amazing and clear as a bell....since I do a lot of tree stand and ground blind I carry these heavier binos in my day/fanny pack.....

I was looking at the Binoculars a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace my truck binos that I bought probably 15 years ago...will donate them....cannot focus but one side of them....they were marked down from $99 to $29 during the store closing sale....i must have looked through 12 to 15 pairs before buying them. My thought was to replace the truck binos with some heavier ones that I can leave in the truck and just had the Tract binos out and was still amazed of how clear they are. The binos I selected for the truck is a pair of older Nikon's 10x40mm. Put a pair of $200 binos out for my wife to view the birds at her feeders in the back yard...LOL....

My second Tract product was a 22 Fire for my CZ455 - 22LR, 22WMR and 17HMR (Switch Barrel Rifle). Mounted it and sighted the 17HMR in for 100 yards. it is a 4-12X with the BDC reticule built in for the 22LR ballistics...so far so good...clear sharp also on this rifle, has a once in diameter tube on it but for $200 bucks you get a lot for your money...not heavy at all, easy, straight forward windage and elevation knobs, 1/4" adjustments...pretty much a standard scope...

Tract offers a full lifetime forever warranty on their products. We will see what happens to them in this economic turn-down for everything shooting.....hopefully they can weather the storm......hope this helps.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad