New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 1st cabin trip  (Read 353 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
1st cabin trip
« on: April 09, 2017, 01:22:19 PM »
i managed to get to the cabin. it actually wasn't bad. i don't think the frost was out yet. no break-in, so that was good

it was dry!!! i had chainsaw plans figuring it would be wet. i only went through one tank of gas. instead i hopped on the tractor. i was able to spread lime in the top field. the lime was still frozen, so i guess i was spreading limecicles at time.

after that i decided to give discing a try. i had a field that was too wet last year to plant. it disced and dragged well. that was a pleasant surprise. i've never disced in april. normally it's the end of may before it's dry enough

hopefully it is a good food plot year. last year was a mess w/ the flooding
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: 1st cabin trip
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »
Sometimes mother nature gives us a break.

I got my fushon sowed yesterday and i'm discing up a new plot (1 acre) today, but will wait to plant it after frost, free date (may 10nth here)

2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
Sounds good , what a difference a year makes .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »
Congrats Yari - sounds like a productive outing.  Would love to start working on some plots here, but the ground is just saturated.  Sunshine & wind yesterday & today should be drying things out, but it's still very squishy just walking on it - no way to do any dirt work.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad