New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Winter turkey season  (Read 552 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Winter turkey season
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »
This past Thurs, Fri and Sat were winter turkey season here in So Md. Sat was cool 40's with light rain. I took my daughter in the morning and we didn't see or hear any birds. The rain picked up so she say let's go home. I hunted behind the house in the evening-- got wet and cold for my efforts BUT!!! My buddy shot his first winter bird on his farm about 20 mins before dark!!! It was a med size hen, he said he saw 4 Gobblers in the group but neve rgot a shot so with time running out he took the hen. I do not have a pic yet.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Winter turkey season
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
I've been seeing groups of 20-30 in the fields. we only have spring and fall season and it's only by draw. you have a better set-up by the sound of it

congrats to your buddy
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »
glad someone got one
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »
Went hunting here in Maryland on Thursday and Saturday morning and didn't hear or see a bird. It was just great to get out in the woods again. Thursday the fog was so thick that you couldn't see very far. I'm sure the birds stayed on the roost until things cleared up. I eventually went for a walk with my GPS to check my camera at the stand. I was at 249 feet before I could even see a large barn located on the property I hunt. Not good visibility for a turkey on the ground.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »
I've been seeing groups of 20-30 in the fields. we only have spring and fall season and it's only by draw. you have a better set-up by the sound of it

congrats to your buddy
We only had a spring seasonn here in my part of Md until a couple of years ago when they started this 3 day winter season. We have plenty of turfey now so I don't understand why we don't have a fall season like the western part of the state. I have to go to Pa or Va to hunt fall birds. One bonus is we don't have a draw and can kill 2 Gobblers in the spring if you don't kill one in the fall (in the western counties)
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad