New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Elk Colorado  (Read 471 times)

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
Elk Colorado
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:11:45 AM »
My neighbor and I are doing some research on bow hunting for elk in Colorado. We are looking to purchase an Over The Counter (OTC) Tag. Have been looking at GMU 43 and 47. Marble is in GMU 43 and Aspen is in GMU 47. Not set on these GMU's at this time. Any one hunted these areas? Or, would recommend another GMU. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Elk Colorado
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »
Are you planning a guided hunt or a DIY hunt? Best of luck to you no matter which you do. I'm not familiar with CO at all, but it's been a bucket list hunt for a long time, it's a budget issue for the most part.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »
Thanks Gutshot. I forgot to add that. At this time we are thinking DIY. Possibly, having an outfitter pack out the meat on horse back.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »
I've done a few backpack hunts in CO. if you are looking for a trophy, south and south west are good bets. if you are looking for numbers, the northern tier is good.

there are studs all over the state, but in my opinion, the SW corner is hard to beat. all I can say is get off the beaten path
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad