New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Double bucks!  (Read 423 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Double bucks!
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
Well, not a bad season, maybe one of the best I have had here in commie land.

One doe, early fall season. Sent that off to Hunters Feeding The Hungry. You pay a smaller processing fee but the processor take all the meat and donates it all to the food bank. He keeps the hide to offset the cost of his effort for the program.

Last day of Fall bow season, and I took a nice basket 6-pointer but big body! Well, he rammed a tree when i hit him so he is now a 5 pointer --7-8-9

Then, extended season another buck, "one eye" fell to my arrow.

Tom was kind enough to post photos if bothand the full story is outlined elsewher.

N0 record racks, still happy with my season. Both bucks should be back to me this weekend from the processor. Some will go to the guy at the church my wife works at as medically he needs the low fat meat due to major heart condition, some to a neighboor with 5 kids ( his wife died of cancer, very sad but awesome kids.)   And the last deer for me. I am having the pricessor make 3 pounds of jerkey fir me. Perhaps ir woukd be cheaper to do jerkry myself but I am beat and figured let a professional butcher do it right vs me making a mistake. I am good at basic cuts but jerkey just seemed to be over my pay  grade  --099-780

If Tom B. Reads this post, maybe he can repost basket 6 and one-eye photos fir me.

Good luck to all this season.

I have to wait until 12/15/16 to purchase my 1/1/2017 hunting license for the winter bow season
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: Double bucks!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »
Flint - 2016 has been a good year for you overall, when you also throw in that big Tom you dropped this spring!  Glad you're finding some people who can benefit from that extra venison.  I'm starting to ask around here as well - got a lot of meat off that buck last weekend, and still have two archery tags & a muzzleloader tag open, so will either be donating them to our state program or someone local if I can find them.  Wife has suggested maybe since the freezer is full I should stay home - what the heck is she smoking?  Congrats on a great season!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:54:36 PM »
that's a good year. enjoy the bounty. congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »
I like big racks just like anyone else, but basically I am a meat hunter.  So coming from that position,  I congratulate you Flintlock, that is one very good season.  I can only hope I can fill my doe tag soon.  if I do, I may buy a 2nd. one.  Last year, I did not shoot a deer at all.  It's kind of unsettling not to have venison in your freezer.

BTW, Flintlock, Jerky is not difficult to make.  After marinating the meat for an appropriate time, you can dehydrate it in your oven, if you do not have a dehydrator.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:04:56 PM by MichiganLouie »
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline WNCDEERHUNTER

• Dec/10 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Congrats............
U.S. Army - Veteran

N.C. Lifetime Sportsman

New Page 3

Google Ad