New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: GUIDES IN KANAS  (Read 391 times)

Offline hiredgun

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
GUIDES IN KANAS
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »
I have a group that is planning to go to Kansas for the 2017 rifle season.  I recall some years back an outfitter called 180 Outdoors out of Kansas was advertising or appeared on this site.  Did any of you guys ever go out there to his location?  I was hoping to get some information on this outfitter. 

I have an outfitter that I was planning to use but, it seems that he is "too busy" to talk to me until he receives our deposit.  The guide says he has hunters in camp and that is the reason he can't talk.  I have been to this guides place 6 times and have had success but, something just doesn't seem kosher, if you will.  It would seem to me that the guide would have a few minutes to talk to me on the phone.  Maybe I am being over cautious but, the other members of my party have never been on a guide hunt and I surely don't want to have them pay good $$$ and it end up being a bust.

Any input that can be shared will be appreciated. 

Hiredgun

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
Re: GUIDES IN KANAS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 07:23:08 AM »
I have been there a few times and give it a 2 thumbs up. Its not super fancy lodging but the hunting and the company is awesome. Matt and Devin will treat you right. And great deer too!
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
Yeah - sounds a little fishy if an outfitter can't find time to talk to you - he's not going to be in business for long if he truly only deals with the people he has in the camp on a given day.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 06:37:25 AM »
'Talking' to potential new hunters is why he so busy! So what's up? People are his business and I understand him being very busy but his next camp might be empty if he doesn't have time. Maybe he is dealing with some issues with the hunters?
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
I would be very suspicious to

I've never been to mike wheeler's place, but from what I see, I like it. wheelerwhitetails.com I believe is the site
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad