New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Alabama bow season.......no does until 10/25..............  (Read 368 times)

Offline hiredgun

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
Alabama bow season.......no does until 10/25..............
« on: October 17, 2016, 06:10:43 AM »
The Alabama bow season opened up this past Saturday.  However, they put a "no doe" restriction until October 25th.  I remember last year the so called
"No Doe" period was December 1st - December 10th.  That was during the gun season.

Does anybody know why they implemented the 10 day period where "no does" could be harvested?

Thanks...

Hiredgun

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: Alabama bow season.......no does until 10/25..............
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
It's because of the rut prediction study they done a couple years ago. The no doe policy down south Alabama is for better fawn recruitment. They claim the babies still need there mothers for that short period of time due in part to them being born so late from such a late rut.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:09:20 PM »
I think Z is right. try to get the fawns further along
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »
God, I miss hunting Alabama ever since my buddy died and hus kids turned the place into a paid hunting club.  @--0--0126

So, changes are tough but at keast you get to hunt there.

Sottupy for the soreful post, my wife refuses to let us retire back to Sumter county --9-908

My dream is fir my kids to sprinkle my ashes there when the time comes.

Good luck this season!

Roll TIDE!

Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline hiredgun

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:31:42 AM »
Flintlock,

I am from Alabama but, live in the Savannah, GA area.  I refuse to hunt here in GA.........too hot and the season starts way too early.  I hunt back in Alabama.  Granted the drive from here to my property is about 5 hours.....I know the reward is well worth the time to make the trip.  I plan to retire in about 3.5 years and the little lady and I will be setting up our retirement home in Alabama.

If I am correct, Sumter County is in the western part of the state.  Good hunting over there, too.  Good luck to you this season.

Hiredgun

New Page 3

Google Ad