New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: HERE WE GO  (Read 1264 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: HERE WE GO
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 10:39:44 AM »
How did opening weekend go?
Maybe he's still lost Snort!! ;D
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
well, it wasn't good. the weather was wet all weekend. the bear absolutely destroyed my apple trees and left very few apples for the deer. I swear if you liked jigsaw puzzles you could take a pile of bear dug and make an apple. they don't process any of the apple.

the food plots were only 3-4" after getting 3" of rain. I thought it would be much better. that said, there hasn't been much sun up there

I got stopped by the national forest guy on the way in. he said they just started on the forest roads. the  plans to fix the road have been held up at the national level since july. he was pretty upset he wasn't working on it 2 months ago

as for the cams. I don't have a single shooter this year. remember when I said I hope last year wasn't a fluke. I had 4-5 shooter. well, even after an easy winter and plenty of rain this summer, I don't even have a decent buck. not even a 2 year old. all I can hope for is one to move in after the bachelor groups break up. the good news is I still have a group of does

I wish I had better news to report. i'll head up in a couple weeks.  good luck to all

'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »
Don't give up yet Yari - my luck seems to run opposite of what my cameras have shown in many years.  Just takes one roaming lovesick buck to make your season - spend as much time as you can on the stand & something will show.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »
Don't give up yet Yari - my luck seems to run opposite of what my cameras have shown in many years.  Just takes one roaming lovesick buck to make your season - spend as much time as you can on the stand & something will show.

I never give up. I hope it's the opposite of last year. last year I was in fat city and never saw a buck on the hoof up there. that's why they call it hunting
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »
Keep your chin up.  You still have that awesome cabin to go to and all that land to enjoy.

What about the wolves?  You think they may have the deer moved off?  If they ever open season on them thangs holler.  I'll bring my fox pro and I'll help you put some of them to rest.  I would love to have a legal full body mount of a big ol alpha male.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 10:10:38 AM »
Don't give up, you could still see a couple of nice ones
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline yari

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 05:25:44 PM »
russ- there are plenty of wolves. them and the bears are a lethal combo. I doubt the libs will ever let us kill a bunch of wolves. there really needs to be a bunch eliminated. if they ever come to their senses, you are very welcome to come up. heck, you are welcome anytime. if you got 7-8 years and want to shoot a bear, start applying. I have big bear. that's a plus.
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
Well that sounds no good. I know you're going hunt so if you're in the woods there always a chance for a buck!! With all this bad luck you've been having I reckin' it time for a change. Good luck Hoss!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad