New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: rifle project  (Read 4159 times)

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: rifle project
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2018, 08:48:47 PM »
Not - that's pretty impressive to hit the target at a mile, even if the slug didn't have enough steam left to penetrate plywood.  Congratulations - you've done a lot with that one box of ammo!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45:29 PM »
    Mad   I bought 100 rounds of factory Hornady match ammo last year. I have only bought about 12 boxes of rifle ammo in my life. The brass was really hard to get for the 6mm Creedmoor so I bought factory ammo for less then I could of bought the components to reload it. The Hornady match ammo is extremely accurate, I don't know if my handloads will be as good.

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »
    My handloads seem to be good. The Hornady ELD match 108 gr bullets shot a little better then the 107 gr Nosler Custom competition bullet. I fired 2 rounds of each at 600 yards and measured center to center. Hornadys were 3.25 inches and the Noslers were 3.75 inches apart. That's as good as I can shoot and next time the Noslers might shoot better. I have about 70 of the Hornadys left and then I have 240 of the Noslers to shoot.    I think I will stick with the Reloader 17 for a while too.

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
Notsams - good you are letting your range results determine you loads, good for you....I do the same things.....the paper results say a lot of things to you....I like RL17 as well....I like all the RL powders.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
2017 SCI Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 11 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
BO  is RL 17 high priced in your area?  They want $39 a pound here in the local hardware store.  I'm going to check prices in the area before buying any more.

New Page 3

Google Ad