New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: need some help with a mathews bow  (Read 542 times)

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
need some help with a mathews bow
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:45:16 PM »
my daughter's boyfriend gave me a Mathews outback bow  has a 28 inch draw and weight from 70 to 60lb I think it is a 2003 model  so what do I do with it the draw is to short for me 
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
Re: need some help with a mathews bow
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
Find you a good bow shop that specialize in Mathews. I believe the mathews can change cams to lengthen the draw, not 100% sure on this but have been told it could be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Online NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
Find you a good bow shop that specialize in Mathews. I believe the mathews can change cams to lengthen the draw, not 100% sure on this but have been told it could be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct, the only way for the draw length to be changed is by changing the cam, I do believe cams run around 80 to 90 bucks, could be wrong though.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
I agree, you'll need to replace cams.  Call dealer to check prices, and maybe do some web searching to see if you can find some.  Not sure how they are at stocking parts for an older bow.  If your draw length is close you might be able to cheat with a release to make it work, but I think you'd have to be within an inch or so.  I'm at about 31", so it would not work without new cams.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »
I believe that your draw length is also going to be in the 31" length also Dave. You got some long arms. I would also find a good bow shop that deals with Mathews, have them check out the bow overall for string and cable wear, new cams and have them set it up specifically for you. This is where you will get the best performance out of the bow. I will be well worth it, and save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Good Luck
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

New Page 3

Google Ad