New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 1st croix keeper  (Read 373 times)

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
1st croix keeper
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
I took my dad out yesterday. we worked a lot of places and saw a ton of fish on the graph. I caught 4 sauger/walleye and only one keeper. dad had a lot of misses. his drag was so loose that he couldn't set the hook. you all know how often dad's listen to kids. not much

something struck me as funny. I always say things go full circle. well, dad was using the same excuses I used when I was a kid every time he missed a fish. dam perch keep biting me off. he must have spit it out. must have been bottom... I had to chuckle. it was a perfect night. 70's and a light breeze. he lasted 4-5 hours which was past his dinner time and didn't complain. I was impressed. we had decent action so that helped. anyway, we had a great time and got some good ribbing in and told the same old story again

I hope to get out 1 time this week. rain is on and off all week and I need to get some work done at the cabin. the fishing will get more predictable from now on

keep your lines tight
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
Re: 1st croix keeper
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:53:45 AM »
Sounds like a great evening spent with your dad.

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: 1st croix keeper
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:03:54 AM »
That is funny but it sounds like a great day with Pop!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad