New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2nd trip to the croix  (Read 333 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
2nd trip to the croix
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:25:50 PM »
the first trip was a bust. my new trolling motor worked in the shed, but not the river. a load test showed a bad battery. applied my credit card and back in business.

last night was nice, but there was a cool north wind 10 mph. I didn't catch any keepers, but plenty of action. 12 perch, 3 sheephead, 2 sauger, 2 rock bass and one kitty cat

the walleyes are in transition. another week or so and they will be back in there normal haunts. at least I hope so. I'm out of fish and have a hankering for a fish fry

keep your line tight   
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
Re: 2nd trip to the croix
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »
It's always a good thing to feel the rod bend when you are out there there.  The St croix is always exciting because of the variety of species that are possible.  Better luck next time when you're targeting the walleyes.
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: 2nd trip to the croix
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
It's always nice to be on the water and you did catch a few. We have some Walleye the other night that I brought home from the Walleye Blast. Best of luck and good to hear the motor problem was just a battery.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad