New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Almost!  (Read 380 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Almost!
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »
Got to go out last Saturday and not a sound. Went out Sunday morning before church and had an exciting time! Had one sound off at 5:30 in a hollow to my right and gobbled all the way to just after daylight. Didn't come in until later. Then I had three gobblers coming in behind me firing off. I then heard a hen up the hill and behind me in the woods. I had them coming in and talking to them and I had the gun up and was ready for them to break the wood line and head out into the field to the decoys. Just then a gobbler flew down from a tree right behind me and landed just the other side of my decoys but out of my comfort range. Nice beard on him! He just stood there and looked at the decoys and gobbled but wouldn't come any closer. Then I heard the three gobblers heading up the hill to the hen sound and I couldn't move to call them back as the gobbler was staring at the decoys and I was in his line of sight. I heard the three getting fainter and fainter until I couldn't hear them anymore. Then the gobbler in front of me left (still out of range) headed towards the other three. Then, it must have been the gobbler from the hollow (or the hen I heard calling him) but whatever it was all I heard was the put-put sound of good by. He/she must have just put its head above the hollow ridgeline and saw me or something he didn't like. It was a great morning in the turkey woods and all was quiet by 6:45 AM! Went out yesterday again and heard a gobbler with a hen but other than that, pretty quiet. Try again this weekend!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Almost!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:12 PM »
Sounds like a good couple of days for you, I get my first crack at them this Saturday, heading to camp in the morning and I'm pumped. Good luck with the rest of your hunt.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Almost!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »