New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: NYS trout season opens on Friday my birthday...  (Read 773 times)

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
NYS trout season opens on Friday my birthday...
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
As usual they are calling for rain Thursday through Sunday. I was looking at the public access maps for our area...few and far between,sadly. I discovered that on one major stream for our county 4 of the tributaries that feed this stream and a major lake start on our land. I actually have 6 creeks that open out of the ground that flow to the bottom of our land into one stream that continues on down the through the valley to the trout stream...then there is yet another across the road that opens up at the mouth of our gully down through to the same trout stream. Our son has the beginning of the Cohocton River flow by his place on one side and a major tributary to that flow past the front of his place. Interesting to see where these streams, rivers and lakes start. of course hundreds of tributaries feed the lakes but it's fun to see the maps...wish the fish started here as well but alas can't have every thing...lol @--0--0137

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: NYS trout season opens on Friday my birthday...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »
Hope you get a chance to do some fishing on your birthday Grow!!

My birthday is Sunday and it will be raining here too, so no fishing for me that day, but sooooon!! ^^&&$%GT
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:49:37 PM »
good luck and happy birthday! I haven't trout fished for a few years. there just isn't enough time
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »
Have a great birthday and hope you get to do some fishing. I love to trout fish but it's been several years for me. I do a lot of bass fishing!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
Grow, my birthday is this Friday, too.  However, I plan on staying inside.  A new Field and Stream store has their grand opening on Friday, and I plan to spend some time there.  Hopefully, find some bargain 22's or something else.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline growalot

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:16:42 AM »
Happy Birthday ML...First day of trout,April fools day and you have a sporting store grand opening....It was a good day to be born!...I hope you get some great deals...Thanks everyone...I'm thinking it may be a tad to wet and windy to go out and our son has his 30th birthaday on Saturday(party) so it will be a busy couple of days...Then well......Sunday through next week old man winter will issue in April with a cold shoulder @--0--0137

Sunday 04/03 50% / < 1 in

Windy with on and off snow showers during the morning. High 31F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Sunday Night 04/03 90% / 1-3 in

Cloudy with snow developing after midnight. Low near 25F. NW winds shifting to ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:04:59 PM »
Grow, when people find out about my birthday and make fun, I just tell them that I have the perfect excuse to be silly, then ask what is theirs. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
Good luck with the fishing, our trout season starts statewide on April 16th, I will either be knee deep in the streams or on the boat at my favorite lake. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather also, that will help with the decision boots or boat.  ##$#@#$%
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
Happy Belated Birthday....
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline growalot

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
Thanks...never got out fishing...rained in the morning and went to the gym in the afternoon...Creeks were shoulder to shoulder fisherman daughter drives past some of NYS's finest trout stream going to work...the guys do to ....I am not fond of group fishing...I like my solitude when trout fishing... @--0--0137

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »
heard most fish had already spawned and back in the lakes
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

New Page 3

Google Ad