New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: feeding pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 812 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
feeding pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »
hi folks. I'm on vacation for a while. this goes under the heading of I THOUGHT I SAW IT ALL!!!!! 

there is a tree hugger on the island that is feeding feral hogs. they are a huge problem and the locals are having a lot of problems. ag land is getting destroyed by the acre. now a tree hugger lib decides she likes the pigs and is feeding them right in the middle of 3 working ranches. man are the neighbors mad. I drove by at feeding time and there were hundreds of pigs of all sizes. talk about a nut job

they will never eliminate or even get control of the hog population because of the dense forage, but to encourage them to come out to be fed around farm land is just goofy. I just don't get it?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: feeding pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
Let's create a few funnels to the neighboring ranches and pop the piggies as they return from the buffet line!   --9-8-7
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:00:07 AM »
Take all kinds to make a world Yari. I'm with Madgomer need to set up on a nice funnel and whack em on the way in for lunch!! ()*$%RT     @--0--0108 @--0--0108
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »
Takes all kinds!!! @--0--0108 @--0--0108 @--0--0108
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »
Seems like the Dept of Natural Resources or whatever it's called in your state would take a dim view of feeding feral pigs.  Maybe some one should inform the State. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 08:56:22 PM »
I've heard it all!

Not too many hunters in Hawaii I guess?  That island is only so big.  If they got serious about it they could put a serious dent in them piggies. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 12:46:27 AM »
ML- they have been informed. they said it's legal to feed them. but the neighbors can kill them on their own property

russ- they do hunt them a lot. the rain forests are so thick and some of the island isn't reachable. no way in the world they can control them. I've seen them on most drives this week. even along the roads, the grass is 7' tall and they disappear in seconds.

I'd like to kill a few. it wouldn't be easy though
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 06:57:00 AM »
I recall a tv show a few years ago about hunting hogs.  They had a few proffesional hog hunters that basically hunted them to try to control them.  One was in Hawaii.  The different segments of the show would show the guys taking just one or two hogs.  It was on either the Discovery or the History channel.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
I drove by today and the pig lover now has at least 20 'no trespassing' signs along a 20 yard stretch of the main road. what an eye sore. 

I saw 3 more today all in different areas. at some point, the state will have to deal w/ them. they are all over the place. the farmers will get together and force the issue.

this is a perfect pig factory. I don't think they will ever get them under control. way to many places to hide. I'm amazed how they went from an isolated part of the island to the south, to up on the north end in a couple years. and they are just thick!!!
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad