New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Raccoon help  (Read 1720 times)

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • turkey season soon
Re: Raccoon help
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
me thinks you need to    ()*$%RT    (*&^&%#  them
turkey season is coming month of may

dave 1211

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »
I've caught raccoons in a live trap, using pizza for bait.  I once caught one with an unbaited trap.  Set it where I could see it from the house, and one morning I was very surprised to see the trap had tripped and a raccoon was in it. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:23 AM »
We've dealt with Trash Pandas for a long time now... Best thing I've ever seen work for leg traps is dog food or cat food. Put a couple of pellets in the trap and get ready to dispatch em! Place the traps along any stream you may have on the place and make sure the corn is taking away from them. They won't mess with anything if they are climbing out of a tree at dark and heading straight for the corn feeders.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 10:31:23 AM »
Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but see lots of YouTube videos of guys using their FoxPro calls to pull them out of den trees and dispatch them.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
I agree with ZLong19. Remove the corn for now first so they leave it alone then the trap sets will be more productive. I also use "Dog Proof" traps. they will not catch nontarget animals like a foot hold trap and work great. I also use dog and/or cat food placed inside the trap, This keeps birds and other critters from taking the bait during the day.

Not sure of fur price in your area, but her in NE Indiana the fur buyers do not even want them brought in this year. Good luck.

Offline BeaglePup

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 11:00:35 AM »
I don't have any live traps, only leg traps. Besides, these coons are not scheduled for relocation if you know what I mean..  @--0--0121

Maybe a hat or some gloves?   ##$%#1119

None of the ones I ever caught were scheduled to be relocated either, I just avoided having to get the neighbor's cats, etc out of any trap I set for the coons, possums and ground hogs that way.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
Recipe: #2 trap, tree set, bait marshmallow with a dab of peanut butter equals instant fertilizer. Present pelt price for coon is 1-2 bucks. Worth more as fertilizer with less work. #2 trap will save you lead. The tree set keeps dogs from getting pinched.

Wait a minute! A moment of brilliance for me. SummerBlast Coonskin make your own hat kits for the auction!
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad