New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: My Son's 1st big buck  (Read 1405 times)

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
Re: My Son's 1st big buck
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
Great pictures,deer and memories to last forever...
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline heflinsi

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • 2015 Buck
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »
Thanks to everyone it was great and makes all the long hours working the land worth while.  Zlong the deer in our area are just starting to rut.  Lots of new rubs and pictures of bucks chasing does and a few new bucks running around.
Gysgt USMC Retired

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 10:55:23 PM »
heflinsi,
I love what you and your son have done!!  Makes me envious, I really miss huntin' with my son.  He just turned 38, he killed his 1st buck when he was 9 years old.  He went to college, got a job, been at it for 15 years, got married, expectin' a baby boy in a few months, but he hasn't been in the deer woods with me since 1998 :'(, enjoy it while you can and hope your son can have a career close to home!
Treefarmer

Offline heflinsi

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • 2015 Buck
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 09:39:57 PM »
Treefarmer...I was blessed to get to hunt with both of my sons this year and my 74 year old Dad.... My son's are 26 and 24 and I always enjoy hunting with them.  Its one of the reasons I bought the land and work so hard to makes the fields work....Luckily my oldest lives 5 minutes away and I get a couple of hunts a year with him
Gysgt USMC Retired

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »
Congrats to your son, a fine first big buck! 
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

New Page 3

Google Ad