New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Hogs, Hogs , Hogs  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Pure Instinct

• Spike
    • Pure Instinct Hunting
Hogs, Hogs , Hogs
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
I absolutely love  ()*$%RT hogs!! I try to help keep population numbers in check but they breed faster then we can dispose of them.
They do some serious damage to my crops and natural habitat but they are sure fun to hunt year round..
If you don't have them you don't want them, trust me.. Your better off traveling to a state that has them.
Here is my latest video and article describing why I kill so many a year..
Check it out let me know what you think?  video is at the bottom of the article.....

http://www.pureinstincthunting.com/hog-kills-video-fighting-the-feral-hog-problem/

TalkHunting Community

Hogs, Hogs , Hogs
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Hogs, Hogs , Hogs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »
Fortunately don't have them in my area, but would love to go hunt them sometime.  Good luck with your efforts to keep the population in check - certainly appreciate the challenge you have with the way they proliferate.   Got a curiosity question totally off topic - what brand of lighted nocks are you using?  Those red ones looked really bright in the videos (although I know the cameras at times make things look different than the human eye would see it).
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Pure Instinct

• Spike
    • Pure Instinct Hunting
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:20:58 PM »
Fortunately don't have them in my area, but would love to go hunt them sometime.  Good luck with your efforts to keep the population in check - certainly appreciate the challenge you have with the way they proliferate.   Got a curiosity question totally off topic - what brand of lighted nocks are you using?  Those red ones looked really bright in the videos (although I know the cameras at times make things look different than the human eye would see it).

Lumenoks, I have tried just about all the lighted nocks out and the Lumenoks pink are the brightest, then red then green then blue are the worst...

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »
I'm glad I don't have to worry about hogs up here. I have enough issues w/ wolves and I can shoot them
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Frito Bandito
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
I like the hunting shots.

I know they are invasive and are controlled pretty much like rats but for some reason the shooting of the animals in the cage didn't set well with me.  Just a personal thing

Aside from that good job.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 10:17:09 PM »
Hey PI. Have you ever tried to sell them alive after you trap them?  I've heard they will bring about $50/lb. 

On my deer lease we are eat up with them.  But we can't seem to get them to come out during the day or anytime we are there hunting.  I think its time to get the trap out.  I've got a way to haul them.  I might look into trying to trap and sell them alive. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Pure Instinct

• Spike
    • Pure Instinct Hunting
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:28:15 AM »
Hey PI. Have you ever tried to sell them alive after you trap them?  I've heard they will bring about $50/lb. 

Yes we have taken them live and sold them.

On my deer lease we are eat up with them.  But we can't seem to get them to come out during the day or anytime we are there hunting.  I think its time to get the trap out.  I've got a way to haul them.  I might look into trying to trap and sell them alive.
They are smart animals and once you trap them they get even smarter, you have to keep changing tactics to trap or kill them.  Change food, trap or stand location, times of hunt, etc..

Offline Pure Instinct

• Spike
    • Pure Instinct Hunting
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:45 AM »
I like the hunting shots.

I know they are invasive and are controlled pretty much like rats but for some reason the shooting of the animals in the cage didn't set well with me.  Just a personal thing

Aside from that good job.

Understandable, most people from the north don't realize how much damage they actually do to croplands and natural habitat. It is estimated by experts to be millions of dollars per year.   We are legally allowed to use all means necessary to kill hogs from tannerite, helicopters, traps, snares, any bait, 24/7  365. (well everything except poison)   For every one you can kill 4-12 more are being born.. That's how bad it is.  "censored Word" there are farmers that pay me to kill them.. I think I did a pretty good job explaining why we do it in the video.

So my question is if so many people are against trapping of hogs what would you recommend be done to help control the populations.  Regular hunting by millions of hunters is not enough every year and hog numbers increase.  So should we let them over populate and destroy our crops and habitat.  Let them over Populate and let disease take over to kill our deer herd populations. 

I get tons of comments and messages from hunters who don't understand why we trap them and kill them off the way we do saying it doesn't sit right with them.  I had one hunter bash me saying that the video reminded him of an isis video.   Well one thing I know for sure is you don't have hogs destroying your property and your not educated on the subject.  I recommend doing some research, help us kill them, come down to Texas and hunt hogs during the off season.   

Keep in mind I'm not bashing any hunter or person for their opinion here or anywhere for that matter.  I do more to stick up for hunters rights then most.
I'm merely trying to help you understand the subject of killing hogs...

Last Note:::  I will kill hogs on sight, while hunting, driving my property, walking and see them or anytime we cross paths...   ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT (*&^&%# ()*$%RT

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Frito Bandito
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
Im not against trapping then nor am I against killing them. I just think posting a video of pigs in a cage being executed can do more harm than good in the hands of anti hunters or those on the fence.

Like it or not everything we do is scrutenized and I'm always a big picture guy when it comes to things like this.  While this is reality and you are trying to show the reality of the situation, many are not ready to see it and it can/will have a negative affect. Not trying to be the PC police, just being realistic.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »
Its like trapping of any kind. People like to wear that fur coat but don't want to see the cute little raccoon struggling in a leg trap. They know it goes on and they know its necessary but don't want to be reminded of it. I see both sides. I have been on hog property.. nasty.. I have also been a part of trapping and shooting them... Tasty!.. I just think most people don't want to actually see it even though I have zero problem with it. The only good hog is the one on my grill!
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad