New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: need to vent a minute  (Read 1600 times)

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
Re: need to vent a minute
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
how long have you known they were hunting there? did you just find out? it's just wrong that the owner never told you

I feel your pain. I know folks are trespassing on my place when I'm gone. it's 175 miles away, so I'm in the dark unless I catch them

I'm w/ Russ. I think you are going to lose though. blood is usually thicker than money. it's definitely worth a try rather than throwing in the towel. at this point you have nothing to lose

good luck

Sounds like you have arrived at a good plan.  I do feel with some effort the deer will return. 

I'm curious where your out of state farm is?  That sounds like a really nice set up.

Russ,
my out of state farm is in northeast Nebraska.  Not necessarily giant buck country but with some work out there and a little better management then whats been going on for years, I don't think having 140 or 150 class deer almost regularly is out of the question.  The nice part about that being in nebraska is tags are over the counter for rifle, bow, or muzzleloader and its only an hour from home.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »
at least you have some options until that land pans out. it's just too bad you have to wait before the IA land comes around. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »
Some interesting news came up last night about it, one of our neighbors had a ewe get into our cow pasture and he has been unsuccessful at getting her out. Well, now last night he calls my father and said that somebody shot her, he knows its not me because I haven't been up there since december, but he said he sees her grandkids up there all the time, and hes really thinking that one of them shot her.  Can't prove it, but dad is getting a little upset they are up there all the time because he hates it when people go out where his cattle are. They aren't out there now but are all summer and into november. He says hes going to say something to her when he goes to talk to her coming up. I doubt it will stop it all together, but maybe it will slow it down some.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
and why would they think shooting a sheep is a good idea? that's just goofy

sounds like good ammo to get your hunting place back
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
Yeah, time for a conversation I believe.  Whether it's their grandkids or some other knuckleheads, next thing you know they'll be doing something that impacts the cattle (shooting at them, leaving gates open, etc).  Worst possible scenario is that one of those little losers gets kicked or stepped on & then decides to come back & take action against you because of your "rogue cows".  See way too much stupidity like that these days in this goofy society we're in.  I'd go in that direction to clearly state "no access" & then post the property clearly and ask local law enforcement to keep an eye on the place.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:03 AM »
That sucks. It seems to happen a lot.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
I honestly don't know how this post got by me...  I feel your pain and will let you know getting involved with family members who are not just relatives but close family will get everything jerked away from you in a minute. I'd tread lightly, wouldn't involved the law or anything like that. We had a guy on the south end of us that gave us rights to hunt one time and we planted a foodplot and hung several sets on his place. I'm hunting one day and BOOOM, rifle blast goes off from one of my stands. I get down in a mad rage and haul you know what down to that end and this guy is walking down the road heading out. No gun , nothing. I stopped beside him, rolled down window, and commence to letting him know what's up. He then goes back, retrieves his rifle and says he has spike down. Fool didn't even have a thing to get the deer out with! Come to find out it was the guy we had permission from to hunt's step son. We went down every path possible to no avail. I'm talking we offered the guy permission to hunt our whole place if he'd just shoot good deer and it didn't help. Luckily for us (not so much for him) he went off the deep end and ended up in jail so it's all ours again. This is one of those deals were you just have to grit your teeth and move on like HM said. If they are doing stuff illegal then that's one thing, but if they aren't and their family is ok with them being there then there's no point in messing up your livelihood for a deer. I would probably want to talk to the grandkids.... How old are they?
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

New Page 3

Google Ad