New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Let's Go Black Friday Shopping!  (Read 909 times)

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Let's Go Black Friday Shopping!
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »
NOT!

So we had planned our usual 3 days at the deer camp this weekend.  It's a tradition we have rarely missed.  Unfortunately we are being hit by flooding right now so we called off the thanksgiving weekend hunt.  We are smack dab in the middle of it right now and yes it was the right call not to go.  We are expecting over 8" of rain today and tomorrow.

SO, the wife says, since you and the boys aren't going to the deer lease why don't y'all come shopping with me and mom?   --099-780
 ##$%#12 UH... NO that's okay honey, here is an extra credit card.....y'all go right ahead.   ;D  But we can all be together as a family.... ##$%#12   No that's okay honey....um uh...... I thought we would work on some things around the house....and um.....I kinda had other plans.... ;D.    No, y'all can meet us and we can go eat and hang out and all be together....  ##$%#12

HELP!  What do I do?
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
Re: Let's Go Black Friday Shopping!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:10:12 AM »
LOL. I'm at work till 2pm today and my wife goes shopping around 3am every year. However we also have the rain all day here so my wife had just called me and said she was going to save some of the shopping for when I get off work since its raining out and she thought I would not be hunting.

I didn't pull it off as well as you did and I said "O.K." ???

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 10:16:19 AM »
My wife and daughter both refuse to shop on Black Friday, but it is raining here so we are not going hunting either
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Online MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »
No shopping here aside from some internet browsing.

But I am hunting in the rain. Luckly sitting in a covered blind.

Nothing much moving resultjng in my web window shopping. LOL
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
I hunted this morning. nothing and very few t. racks in the fresh snow

I was asked to go to Fleet Farm. heck, it's one of my favorite stores so we went. it was too busy, but we got a few deals and left. had a burger and a beer for lunch. heading back out in an hour. the deer must be hungry by now?

good luck. sometimes you have to jump on a grenade. it will pay dividends in the future. just make sure she knows it's a ONE TIME THING OR YOU ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE 
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
Happy wife makes a happy life!! ##$%#117
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 05:09:48 PM »
I think I would float to my stand before shopping this time of year...lol

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:50:12 PM »
So glad we have shooting houses with metal roofs! The rain never stops us from hunting and most of the time I see more deer movement in the rain! I shot my first deer in the rain, it was 34 degrees and raining, gutting him and skinning him in that weather kind of sucked! Hunted this past weekend in 75 degree weather, we really need some cold air here in the SE.
Air Force Veteran

Offline russcat

• 14 Point
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »
Well I survived.  ##$%#12 Not only did we go out for a while Friday we went BACK Saturday to get more "deals".  @--0--0116 I took one for the team.   @--0--0124 I didn't like the idea of my wife or mother-in-law driving in the flooding conditions among all the citiots so I chauffeured.  @--0--0117 I dropped them off at all the doors and stayed in the car most of the time and watched people.  @--0--0101  Amazing how many people park in the handicap spots but are able to run across the parking lot into the store to avoid getting wet.  @--0--0127    We stayed home Sunday and I helped decorate for Christmas!  @--0--0118 ##$%#117 @--0--0118  @--0--0136   Whadya do?  @--0--0117

CAN I HAVE MY MAN CARD BACK NOW? PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY MY 2015 OUTDOORSMAN OF THE YEAR PATCH!   @--0--0131

Seriously, our camp would not be a fun camp in these conditions.  Our trailer is small and the area around the trailer is very muddy.  And I'm not sure we could have got the truck to the area where camp is.  we do have one blind with a metal roof but getting to our lease and then to camp would have been pretty risky.  No doubt we made the right call.  We still have 6 weeks of season left.  But I am sick and tired of this flooding.   @--0--0126
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

-Joshua Crutchield

Offline yari

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »
your man card would be in danger if you weren't making mamma happy. especially if hunting was out of the question. keeping her happy will make your life much easier

you guys were burning up 2 months ago. now flooding again. feast or famine I guess. we are expecting 4-8" of snow tonight.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »
You chose well Grasshopper - chauffeuring Momma & Momma In Law around in the rain & picking them up at the door gives you major brownie points.  If my wife had cornered me into Black Friday shopping I'd have had to run over to the Prompt Care & hugged every sick person in the place in order to get a flu bug & stay in bed.  I'll let you keep your card, with bonus points for converting that day or two of chauffeuring into a nice new firearm or fishing pole for you under the Christmas tree.   @--0--0123
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline russcat

• 14 Point
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
For the rest of you still considering yanking my man card....I am 47, been married 18 years, and this is the 2nd time I have EVER missed deer camp over thanksgiving and my FIRST TIME EVER to go out on black Friday or the day after!  If it matters....
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

-Joshua Crutchield

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 08:42:34 AM »
Russcat, your good to go. At least all of us that are married we do understand, just may not admit to it out loud. LOL

New Page 3

Google Ad