New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: How do I get the neighbor to understand!?!?  (Read 1517 times)

Online MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: How do I get the neighbor to understand!?!?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
If the deer is legal I'm not going to say anything.  I dont care if others pass on small bucks I dont want to be told what I can or can not shoot on my own property.

That said, when hunting others land I will follow whatever rules they wish applied.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »
If the deer is legal I'm not going to say anything.  I dont care if others pass on small bucks I dont want to be told what I can or can not shoot on my own property.

That said, when hunting others land I will follow whatever rules they wish applied.
Ok, I respect all of your opinions and points, so let me ask ya'll this... Say, me on my land, clears a lane out that borders you (on my land) and builds a high fence running east and west 300 foot to block your 210 feet you have, then I run a high fence north and south (still on my land) 600 feet to the main highway, to block your border that you have. This blocks the side the deer use and the point they cross. Then, on the other side, where our crop field ends and your property begins I go in say 100 foot where there can't be any complaints about crossin the property line and do the same thing where now basically your inside a high fence with only the main highway open. 

Since it's my land, no one can say anything like you said MI. Correct?
Keep in mind I am not worried about burning bridges with this dude... I have had three conversations with him, it's all been over the same thing.

Now before everyone calls Z a jerk, I wouldn't do this if his kids, grandkids, cousins nephews uncle's adopted half sister's boy was hunting, but that's not the case. I put in too much time, effort, and money, heck my whole family does, to keep what we have good and one bad apple isn't going to ruin it for me.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »
I, like most hunters, deal with the same issues every year to some degree.

My 2 cents: What I would call a shooter may be another persons "pass" buck and/or vice versa. That's just a very tough call.

If he is doing everything by the laws in your area, which is what I have here, then I have learned to just relax and do what I'm really out here in the woods for and that's to enjoy my time out.

If there is nothing you can do to change his mind set then move on and don't let it destroy your time out in the woods.

^^^ That is good advice. Though it sucks to have a neighbor like that, don't let it suck the pleasure out of your time out there.

that is good advice, I appreciate it, but after three years, I can no longer enjoy my own farm because I'm worried sick everytime I see a little buck head that direction it's about to get blazed. Nothing I can do about his land, but I can make it where they can't get there on my land. see above post.

Thanks everyone for the diverse input.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 02:13:40 PM »

One more question MI... Say you had a 1000 to 1200 acres, your neighbor to the west has 1000, to the south the neighbor has 120 acres and then you have mr jimbob with 2 acres and a tree... you spend thousands and I mean thousands a year on just deer. your neighbors do the same and ya'll talk every week about what your seeing, does that may need to be killed, big bucks to be on the look out for, and just general info so you can manage your property.. then jimbob here kills everything you work hard for 365 days a year, two or three years earlier than he should. Would you not be the slightest bit upset and want to keep jimbob from doing it by means of access on YOUR own property? I'm not affecting his, well I will be, but I'm not trespassing and no law is stopping me from doing so... how is that wrong, illegal?

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 02:36:26 PM »
I guess my question would be how much land do you have and how much other hunting land is around this guys 2 acres? I honestly can't see how one guy on 2 acres shooting every Buck he sees during the legal season affecting the herd. Deer travel a long ways so some guy shooting every Buck he sees on his little piece of land isn't going to affect the population of deer as it pertains to a larger area. How many deer can this guy possibly shoot in a year? What's the limit? In Bama you can only shoot 3 Bucks per season, after that you're breaking the law.
Air Force Veteran

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
I guess my question would be how much land do you have and how much other hunting land is around this guys 2 acres? I honestly can't see how one guy on 2 acres shooting every Buck he sees during the legal season affecting the herd. Deer travel a long ways so some guy shooting every Buck he sees on his little piece of land isn't going to affect the population of deer as it pertains to a larger area. How many deer can this guy possibly shoot in a year? What's the limit? In Bama you can only shoot 3 Bucks per season, after that you're breaking the law.

He has a lawncare business so this time of year he hunts everyday because he doesn't have much going on. Our block is 1000+/-, the land across the swamp and road is thousands upon thousand of acres that's not hunting. The area the deer cross is right across his line. Laws, I imagine, won't slow him down. It wouldn't be surprising if he killed 15/20 bucks (small bucks at that) crossin through there that we don't know about. That's been the major crossin for as long as deer have been on our place. We used to have a stand up right across the fence from him before the landowner divided it up an sold it in little blocks we had permission to hunt it. I don't know about other places but 15/20 deer killed around our house would hurt, especially little bucks and no does. That's why Alabama was in the shape it was back several years ago. But back to the legalities, one more shot and i'll call the warden and he can settle it. But once an outlaw always an outlaw... game warden can't patrol his house everyday when he shoots... as much as I'd like for that to happen

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
I would have done the same thing. The bottom line is he has no respect for the animals he hunts. You can't fix stupid.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Online MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
I learned long ago that I cannot control others refardless of how it affects me. You can make sugetions but ultimately free will determines the outcome.

When it comes to game management, we do not own the deer they are wild and anything we do to improve the habitat etc. we must do with the kowledge that the deer may travel and meet their end elsewhere.  Nothing can be done to prevent this unless you want to put up tall fences along his border.

Not saying I like it or am not frustrated buy it but the doors of freedom swong both ways. I support his right to do as he wishes (within the law) on his property as much as I support yours.

That said the guy just seems like a major ************** that is just capitalizing on a situation that benefits him. He knows what he is doing and just being a jerk. Unfortunately unless he is doing anything illegal there is not a lot "legally" you can do about it.  I would start trying to divert the deer a diffferent way if possible.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
ok so what could you plant that would grow thick to help prevent the deer from going on to his land might work better then the fence thing just thinking out loud    ##$%#1119
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
ok so what could you plant that would grow thick to help prevent the deer from going on to his land might work better then the fence thing just thinking out loud    ##$%#1119

There is a thought right there.  ^^^
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
I have a friend with no land but squatters rights on some farm land and he shoot teething bambi's I call them...I guess when you own your own land of substance you pass on some deer and only wish your neighbors would do the same....There is also a hunt club near me loaded with slob hunters and they lease several parcels and hunt the same way...Such a shame !
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
If he's doing it legally and won't buy in to the QDM philosophy, then you're left with the options of sucking it up, or doing something like fence, brushpile barriers, etc to block the travel route to his property. 
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
Go for it Z, put up a high fence!  I planted hybrid willows one year (austrees) as a privacy fence and they grew phenomenally.  In addition, leyland cyprus and arborvitaes work great if you want to go with the "green" solution.  You can also go by the barber shop and collect hair to put along the fence line.  Moth balls and clothing work great as well.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
And there's always Kudzu vines . . .     (no, I didn't really mean that!)
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
If the deer are crossing from your land to his there should be something you can do to change their path. That is the direction I'd go, either a natural blockage or a fence. If you really think he's breaking the law then get the game warden on him, he gets caught more than once and spends some time in jail and loses his gun he'll change his ways.
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad