New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Junior hunt day Md  (Read 414 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Junior hunt day Md
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:26:46 AM »
I took my 14 year old daughter out for her first deer hunt on Sunday. We saw 0 deer! I could not believe it!!? My buddy had been at the farm a few times last week and saw a lot of deer including 5-6 really nice bucks and 2 Biggins!! Lots of doe all over. We go nothing. It was a great morning though we saw and heard turkeys and plenty of squirrels and she said she had fun and wants to go again. For me it was AWESOME!! Just sharing the woods and the time with my oldest was the best, she kept asking me why I was smiling like a goober all morning because there were no deer, I told her I was just happy. So we will hit it again in 2 weeks I got a feeling we can't go all year without at least seeing some deer.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Re: Junior hunt day Md
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
That's awesome Blue.  "No Deer".....I think that was nature's way of creating a special connection with her, you, and nature. She said she had fun and that is a blessing.  She had fun without seeing a single deer.  That goes to show you she enjoyed being with you in nature's setting.  Just think how much of a blast she will have when there is deer running around every where. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »
Anthony was about 12 I think the first time he went hunting with me and we sat for 2 days and didn't see anything but it was a great 2 days! Nothing beats sitting in a stand with your young ones on their first hunt. When the weekend was over I told him sorry we didn't see any deer and he gave me the biggest hug he's ever given me and said he still had a great time. He eventually got his first 2 deer a year or two later and that was another extremely happy moment. My youngest Seth is 7 and learning to shoot the .22's, soon he'll be shooting the .243 he doesn't know he has yet and then it will be my turn with him in the stand, can't wait!
Air Force Veteran

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
That's awesome Blue.  "No Deer".....I think that was nature's way of creating a special connection with her, you, and nature. She said she had fun and that is a blessing.  She had fun without seeing a single deer.  That goes to show you she enjoyed being with you in nature's setting.  Just think how much of a blast she will have when there is deer running around every where.
She's gonna lose it when the deer start moving LOL
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
Glad you guys had a good time as that's what its really all about, spending time together outside.

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
The next hunt will be more fun and i hope 'work' for you!! The deer will show up and i hope she gets a big ole buck!!! @--0--0101
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »
it's the best time in the woods w/ your kids, deer or no deer. better luck next time
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad