New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: On stand in GA  (Read 410 times)

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
On stand in GA
« on: October 31, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »
Having a great time. I'm sitting on stand as I type. My hunt is done for the day a squirrel is presently unhappy with my existence. But not nearly as unhappy as I. Just gonna sit here until it gives up or loses it's voice. That's just how stubborn old Dutchmen get even.

The guys down here have an incredible camp. Thoroughly enjoying my time here. Saw some deer and they are still suck in' air. Met more awesome TH members. Split toe got a nice 8 pointer today. I nagged him about registering him even before I single handed drug him out of a deep gully for Split. What I won't do to get a deer entry. He'll tell yawl the story.

Well skeeters are comin' out and the squirrel has given up I'm heading back to camp.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: On stand in GA
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
D-H,
Have do you like our Southern hunting??    ##$%#1118

Temps and then Critters that like to bit!!!     @--0--0124

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
On stand in GA
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:03:13 PM »
Better have a thermacell if your hunting in October in the south Big D. Glad you got Splits back. What a friend!

Hey, I'm hunting Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge next weekend.  If I get a Hagerman giant on the ground would you extend the favor and come drag it out of the woods for your old buddy Russell?  I'll only be hunting about 3/4 mile from the truck across two creeks.   But hey, I gotta hunt where the deer are. 

Glad to hear you made it to camp and are having good times.  Y'all eat good, rest good, drink good,  and hunt when you can.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:05:22 PM by russcat »
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »
thanks for sharing your southern hunting experience with us northern boys.  Kinda hard to relate to deer hunting in warm weather, if we northern boys don't have snow on the ground, we ain't having fun.   --099-780
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Huntinggrandma

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Me when I was in uniform, for wedding annoucement
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:44:51 AM »
enjoy yourself and stay safe, no hunt is a bad one
A life member of NRA
NY lifetime Sportmen License holder
US Army WAC vet 62-68 SP5

Offline metalman

• 8 Point
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »
Dutch hope y'all are not floating away today, sorry had to leave early but the wife had a wreck, so duty called. Thankfully no one hurt in the accident but now my folding money is gonna take a dent. I'll see y'all Friday save a few deer for me. I know Splittoe has drawn first blood, but I'm going for a bigger one, LOL.
Metalman
Hit it while it is hot
NWTF Memeber
Butts County Sportsman Club Memeber
27 years hunting

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
I had to supervise the deer retrieval operation.  We needing to make sure all safety rules were followed.  Dutch did a great job.  He Used the ole John Deer to retrieve Split Toe's deer.  Job well done! 

I had to leave Dutch, Bo and GutShot at camp.  Have to do a quick round trip to NY.  I'll be back soon so hope you guys save at least one for me please.  We are having a great time!  lots of laughs and stores..  Metalman glad to hear the Mrs is OK!  Sheet metal can be replaced.   
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:46:23 PM by Deerhead »
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 02:47:02 PM »
Sounds like you young fella's are having a good time. Hope you all get a big boy. Dutch will drag them out for you!! --099-780

Hunt safe and keep on keeping on!! @--0--0101 ()*$%RT
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
Nag....Nag....Nag... Had to get this entry stuff done. I'll be back Wednesday with all the food for the following 12 days!!!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline spider005

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »
 @--0--0101 Dutch.

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:45 AM »
Just finished my trek to stand. Raining once again not  going to let it dampen my spirits. I would not have missed this for the world. What a great group of guys. Gut and I concentrated on trying to slap some yotes yesterday didn't get a chance though. Again the fellowship and experience is worth so much. I'm truly blessed to have made new friendships and strengthened old ones.

Note to self: thermocell hanging on quad helps very little on stand. Just sayin'!

Sitting in cut over covering two ditches lot of sign both yote and deer. Oak trees on both sides of me a point in front. The birds have acceptd my presence so it's time to git ta gittin'. Will report later.

Everyone hunt safe and smart. Shoot straight!
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

New Page 3

Google Ad