New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 10 Point verses 10 Point  (Read 173 times)

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
10 Point verses 10 Point
« on: October 17, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
Indiana deer bow came in on October1,2015. I hunted from then til October 13 and just got close to 2 deer.
The first was a big doe that i was afraid might have a fawn somewhere that needed  her, so i let her go

Then on the 13th of October i hunted 3 hours in the morning and went back out at 11:30 to a diffrent stand and sat for 3 hours with no luck.
At 5 PM , my wife and i went out. I got her into her stand and then walked back to mine.
The squirrels  were making a lot of noise and the hoot owls were talking a lot. I was happy just being out there.
At 6:30 i heard a lot of noise behind me so i scanned the hill and nothing was visible. I turned back around and 35 yards in front of me stood  the nicest  buck i have ever seen. He was facing straight at me at looking at me, so i froze. He studied me for a minute or so and put his head down and started eating acorns. I raised my crossbow and again he looked up at me for what seemed forever. He hten put his head down again and i centered my scope in the middle of his back and let it go. He bellered and went straight down. I had hit his back bone as i had planned!!
 I quickly loaded another arrow and put one thru the chest. He bled out in about 2 minuets.
 My wife got the mule and drove out to my stand and we gutted it and loaded it up befor dark.
  So far it has been a real good season. Got to get a doe for the freezer and one for my nieghbor and the season will be behind me.

Here is the dude!! Good luck everyone!!!

2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
Re: 10 Point verses 10 Point
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 04:56:08 PM »
Good Job!  That's a fine lookin' buck, kinda' wish I had gotten into archery hunting.  Our 1st phase of rifle season will start on Thanksgiving Day, lookin' forward to it.
Treefarmer

New Page 3

Google Ad