New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: My Utah Mule Deer Hunt part 2  (Read 289 times)

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
My Utah Mule Deer Hunt part 2
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:06:26 PM »
It is now the third day of our hunt, have been seeing lots of doe's and small bucks. We went to a new place to scout around and glass. It was 8:30 and we spotted a decent buck. It was heading up a draw so we made up our minds to get a better look at him. We went up the draw on the opposite side, when we got to where we could look over and take a peek we did not see the deer. Then I saw some movement and there he was just over 100 yards away. I told the guide that I had him in my crosshairs, but he told me to wait and let him look at him. So he said we can take him and then he gave me the range of the buck, now here's where it gets funny. He calls out 195 yds, I looked at him and said how far, then he said 215 take the shot so I put the cross hairs on his shoulder and squeezed of a round. The guide yelled miss shot again 250, again I took aim and let it fly and again he yelled miss. By now I am getting frustrated and Allan told me that the deer was no way that far. By this time I did not know what was happening. The guide yelled out 293 and take you time and put him down. Again I was sure that the buck was not that far away but I set the cross hairs on the shoulder and squeezed of another round, again he yelled miss. Finally my brother in law asked him what Buck was he looking at, and the guide pointed way up on top, and then Allan told him not is not the buck we are looking at and he showed him the buck that I was aiming at. The guide looked at us and said I wasn't looking at him I was looking at the one up on top. The guide finally got on the buck I was looking at and gave me the yardage of 318, I knew that the buck was moving fast and some time had passed, but I took careful aim and let it fly and he yelled hit. Shoot again and put him down. Well the buck ran upon the impact of the bullet and this time the guide said 332, I knew the buck  was hit hard and I knew he was going to go down but I took aim this time on the base of his neck and squeezed of another round and Allan yelled OMG and down he went. The neck shot put him down so quick I didn't see him fall. After things settled down we all started to laugh and could not believe there was two different bucks in the same draw and that I had seen the closes one and saw the farther one. Now it was time to retrieve my buck and the sage was so thick that Allan and the guide went to retrieve my buck. I did manage to travel some distance to help. So in the next couple of post I will send some pictures.
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: My Utah Mule Deer Hunt part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
now that's funny. glad it worked out

how big was the other buck?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
Congrats. Lucky the guide finally got on the same page with you!! @--0--0117
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
That's way too funny, good thing you carry a lot of ammo with you  ##$%#113 ##$%#113 ##$%#113 which way did he go, which way did he go  @--0--0117
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
You had a failure to communicate!  --099-780 Glad it all worked out. That's some mighty fine shooting. Congrats job well done.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 09:10:11 PM »
That is funny, but glad it worked out well in the end for you
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:16:19 PM by Zos41 »
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY