New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: JALA RUT 2015 Hunting Journal  (Read 1576 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: JALA RUT 2015 Hunting Journal
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 07:36:53 PM »
I remember my favorite culvert. i'd be using that baby as a funnel

nice looking bucks. do you have 1 target or more?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
Good luck Jala. I see another good season ahead for you.  Be safe and bag a biggun!
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »
Thanks Yari, I've got my eye on a couple 8's, especially that wide mature looking one in one of the pics, or I'd take a shot at that 10 pt or 9 pt.  I was planning on concentrating a little more in that culver area this year.  Last season trail cam showed a decent buck in there during daylight hours on 11/11/14, one of the days that I was hunting another spot. Good luck this season!

Thanks Russcat, Good luck this season!

2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
Well here's an update after the first weekend of bow season.  I missed opening day and the following morning because I had to work.
Then hunted at my cousin's camp, Italy Hill.  The weather was very windy Friday although I did see a doe and a yearling.  Saturday was even windier with scattered sprinkles mixed in, AM sit saw nothing and PM sit saw nothing.  Sunday, the strong winds died down to a steady breeze, still stronger than I would have liked but much better than the previous two days, although we could only do an AM hunt that day.  About 15 minutes into hunting time a doe and yearling trotted in and munched on acorns around me for about 10 minutes before heading into the ravine being joined by another doe, I passed on shots hoping for a buck.  Then I saw 3 more doe moving out of the ravine through the field. Then at about 7:40 I saw a big buck coming my way, eventually making it into the area where the doe were first munching on acorns, but of course he didn't venture out into the clearing like the does did.  At times he was less than 25 yards from me but still presented no open shots.  After about 5 minutes he walked off into the pines, no shot taken but awesome to see!
Was great to be in the woods on stand again!
Good luck all! Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Hunt Ethical and Have Fun!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »
great to see you were in the game on week one. now all you need to do is get a break. you got the right area. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:22:09 AM »
Sure sounds promising Jala. 
That wind will sure turn them off.  It's always a good time to be in the woods when the wind dies down after a day or two of blowing hard. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

New Page 3

Google Ad