New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: WI day 2  (Read 293 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
WI day 2
« on: April 16, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
it was real slow today. I just don't think there are a lot of birds down there. bird flu? I did find 1 dead and eaten so who knows

the day started off great. remember those woodcock? well they weren't moving today so I put down the gun  for a second and shined the light on one and caught it(I was ahead of schedule so why not) he got the last laugh and pooped on my. once he calmed down and I didn't notice and tags I ate him. just kidding, I let him go.

as for turkeys. one hen early. gobbling only until 7 AM. they were closer today though. at 11:30 I had a raspy hen squacking in the next valley and a tom answered once w/ her. I let out a call to try to bring her over and got cut off very close. no idea where he came from. I purr and he cuts me again. he comes charging. JAKE. for 5 minutes he pummeled my jake decoy. I was hoping the commotion would draw the others plus I wasn't sure it was him that gobbled. he sounded bigger. after that he went to the hen decoy. for 10 minutes he was doing unmentionable things to her. finally I figured he would ruin it so I tried to scare him off. I had to get out of the blind and walked within 10 yards before he left. all I can say is he was exhausted. very funny

tomorrow is another day.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Re: WI day 2
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:22 PM »
Keep at it! You know the routine, just when you think nothing will happen, all of a sudden he gobbles so close the hair on the back of your neck stands up!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:17:16 PM »
the ladies will bring you one to gobble in...good luck

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »
Cool story!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 05:51:32 AM »
Sounds like a fun day...stay after them and the ladies will bring you one!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad