New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: FLIR - Infared  (Read 447 times)

Offline BubbaBrown

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
FLIR - Infared
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »
This is a link to a new FLIR that just came out for home builders. I can certainly see a use for them in the woods for hunters. Better tech and smaller package and the price is not terrible and I could write it off!

http://www.flir.com/instruments/content/?id=66732&pi_ad_id=64834025905&gclid=CJaMnZWh1MQCFZSCaQodxLIAxA
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: FLIR - Infared
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »
I would be afraid to use one of those to check my house.  It was built in the early 60's, and apparently it was the builder's first house.  Either he didn't know what he was doing or he was just practicing.   Then again, another thing I have to contend with is what the 4 previous owners did. 

I could see where a hunter could use something like that, for locating wounded game.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »
I wonder what the range is? it would be really cool if it would reach out 50-100 yards
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BubbaBrown

• Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »
I'd love to have a FLIR camera to use for the predawn and the dusk hours on the stand, just to see what's out there.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 06:36:55 AM »
The electricians where I used to work, would use an infrared camera to troubleshoot electrical panels.  It was interesting to the the images when they pointed the camera at a person.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad