New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2015 ATA Show - The little guys...  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
2015 ATA Show - The little guys...
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:28:08 PM »
2015 ATA

While the 2015 ATA show was well represented by all of the major manufacturers, there are also some little guys there. People just like you and I that are trying to get their business started. I have always enjoyed these booths. While they may not have the most elaborate setups, they make up for it in ingenuity and friendliness. They also have a very strong commitment to their product. These types of booths hold some real gems if you take the time to look for them. Here are a few…

Hunters Logic
Dan Barker, president of Hunters Logic, had a modest booth in an out of the way corner. However, his product was a great big “Why didn’t I think of that?” The “Bow Keeper” is a small, inexpensive device that clips onto your clothing (like a shirt) and has a small hook to grab your bow string. Have you ever sat in a lock on stand and forgot your screw in bow holder? Now you’re stuck holding that cold bow all day. This device gives you a hands free solution to hold your bow and yet gives you a very quick and easy release for getting it back in your hands. Go check them out at www.hunterslogic.com 

Back Country Laboratories
While I am generally skeptical about most of the energy drinks, pills and powders, I will make an exception now and then. Zachary and Matthew, both US Veterans, have a legit product. It’s a small capsule called “Focus” and it is designed to give you a boost but to also sharpen you up a bit. I took his free sample and decided to give it a test after a big lunch. Usually I get the “sleepys” after a big lunch of carbs so I figured this would be a good test. I have to say I did feel sharper and more alert than I thought I would. Now, don’t take anything on my word alone. Go visit their website and read about it yourself. If you like supplements to give you an edge, this may be one to try. www.getbcl.com

Steady Form
This unique item caught my eye and my wallet. While there are not many vendors at ATA selling their products, a few do. I usually don’t buy anything at ATA but I had to have one of these. It’s hard to write about this product because it is difficult to explain what it does. Basically, it absolutely prevents you from torqueing your bow and creates complete consistency in every shot. This is a product I am excited to try and think it may be the crown jewel of the ATA show. They don’t have a lot of info at their website just yet (www.steadyform.com) but go to www.youtube.com and search for steady form. There are some good videos of what this device can do. After shooting a bow with it at the ATA show, I was hooked!
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Re: 2015 ATA Show - The little guys...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »
All these sound interesting.  I have several ideas I have written down over the years. I maintain an "idea" list.  I just wish I knew what to do with the ideas. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline ordindy1

• 2013 Turkey Champion
  • 8 Point
  • There are none so blind as those that will not see
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »
I have seen the Steady Form on line.
I found it to be very interesting.
I will be good to see how you like it.
Turkey Championship Winner 2011, 2012 & 2013
Been hunting for 45 years.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
All three look like great products that work. I will give them a try.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »
I have seen the Steady Form on line.
I found it to be very interesting.
I will be good to see how you like it.
Im hoping to install it on my bow this weekend and will give an update once I do.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
Sounds like a great way for smaller companies to quickly reach a large number of people.

I've heard of the Steady Form before, not sure where but I recall seeing a video.   I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the product HM.

I think I may have seen the bow keeper or something similar before, that also looks like  nice little  hunting addon.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

New Page 3

Google Ad