New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: busted bucks  (Read 538 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
busted bucks
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
been getting pics of busted up racks. an 8 and a 10 both have their left side busted near the base. either their is a bad shot out their or they are still kicking up a fuss. the 8 pt had both sides during gun season. they just can't get enough fighting.

big ones haven't been around. maybe got shot? I have until the end of January for bow. it's a metro zone. need some cold to get them moving. raining here the last few days

good luck to all. be safe. this is a dangerous time of year w/ the snow and ice
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: busted bucks
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
keep after them    ##$%#1114    ##$%#116    -00-9                                %^$^
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
Things are in the low forties and really soggy here - we do need some colder temps.  I got out this afternoon with my crossbow, had a smallish 8 pointer in range, watched him thrashing a 2" sapling for about 5 minutes (was surprised to see him rubbing that aggressively at this time of the year) but needed him to take about three or four steps to get an open shot.  He finally took 1-2 steps, but then turned & went back the way he came, so I came home empty handed.  That was the only deer I saw tonight.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:49:27 AM »
It is hard to tell what happened. Keep after them, sooner or later one will slip up.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
I have been watching pics of a decent ten since summer...once the fighting started he lost both brow tines in a week...looks like he will be around next year the way things have gone...we are having oct. weather at Christmas with thunderstorms forcast 24/25 when we usually have a foot of snow....

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
I have been watching pics of a decent ten since summer...once the fighting started he lost both brow tines in a week...looks like he will be around next year the way things have gone...we are having oct. weather at Christmas with thunderstorms forcast 24/25 when we usually have a foot of snow....

same here. deer are all nocturnal w/ the warm weather. need some cold
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad