New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: dave 1211 deer hunting season  (Read 735 times)

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
dave 1211 deer hunting season
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »
so here goes for bow season I saw a total of three deer.  two were within 80 yards of me but left when the rain came. the other one I saw while climbing into my ladder stand about 90 yards away and it went the other way. gun season I saw one deer on the 26 of November during the snow storm at 60 yards it would have been maybe 30 pound if that so I let it walk.
I have bow hunted 38 years and gun hunted 37 years and have never had a year like this. in years past I have had deer that I could of shot but let go for different reasons and I have missed with both gun and bow. but  never had a year where I did not see deer when hunting. I had trail cameras out and had lots of pictures of them on it. I had tons of rubs and scraps for sign. we had snow to hunt in and saw tracks everywhere so it is time to think things out and plan for next year. this hunting season has had me doing this  ##$%#1119 I sat In places that I never sat for hunting before. but with all your input and kidding I will plan for next year
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:00:48 PM by dave 1211 »
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: dave 1211 deer hunting season
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:35 PM »
Keep your chin up pal, remember you can't control the weather conditions when you do have the opportunity to get out to hunt. However a good attitude and determination will bring you good fortune next year or in the late season if you have one in NY. We have a late muzzleloader season and archery season that comes in after Christmas and goes through the end of Dec.

Remember this sport that we enjoy so much is called Hunting not Killing. With that in mind it is still good to see deer when we are out in the stand. Good luck and Merry Christmas
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:49:46 AM »
as you said..the positive side is that you have pics of deer so they are there...lots of people saying even very few pics.
 Next year will be a new game with lots of time for planning and anticipation of another season.
 Have a great holiday season..you aren,t still sitting out in the rain and snow like some of us..lol.

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Same here Dave but my partners had a good year. Just one of those years. I'll jump at em next year but for now I will prepare for trout fishing and walleye fishing and spring turkey hunting. Lots of things to prepare for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
Well Dave everyone has a year like that from time to time. The good thing is there is always next year. All you can do is stay after them while maintaining that positive attitude...Have a Merry Christmas and look forward to the new year.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:42:44 PM »
mamma always said there would be year like this. now you got it out of the way. next year could be a windfall
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
dave 1211 deer hunting season
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
Dave I was on a two year drought.  I was determined not to make it three this year.  Every now and then they'll throw a season like this at us just to remind us they are smarter than us. Hang in there. You have many productive seasons to look forward to.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »
Dave

I had the exact same seasonyear your having about 3 years ago, after a lot of hard work and preparation, the timber co. came in 3 weeks before hunting season and did their thing.. I protested it and lost, and had to deal with the circumstances. I sat on stand that year over 200 hours from bow, gun and muzzleloader season and saw one deer.
Its hard when you put so much into it, but there are seasons like that.. We put in the work and preparation and after that we don't have a lot of control. Sometimes there is a unknown issue out there like a poacher, a big cat, hogs or a dominant buck that pushes deer around and he never gets seen.. At the end of the day, just chalk it up as the opportunity to hunt, your health to do it, and the ability to come back and do it again.
Its not your fault, its just the luck of the draw this tear. Hang in there.
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 09:16:51 AM »
Dave even when I don't kill any deer I still enjoy deer season. There is nothing that compares to sitting in the woods enjoying nature and watching and listening to all the sounds from God's creatures!
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad