New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Go Lee shoots out  (Read 437 times)

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
Go Lee shoots out
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
After 16 days in the woods, this past 2 weeks, all I can say is be careful what you wish for, or Im not getting any younger LOL
We had an incredible hunt with a lot of good memories with family and friends, but it was a very unusual opener.
Our opener was very cold for a few days, and then turned warm, and on to a full moon and rain. So the weather was all over the place.
I can say I hunted 9 hours a day for 12 of those days before I took a nice 11 pointer at 1230 in the middle of the day. He was chasing.. Something just told me that's what was going on, after 4 days of hunting the full moon and seeing no shooters , but just doe. I took a doe the second day of my hunt,so meat is in the freezer..
Our club got off to a slow start, but came back strong, shooting 6 bucks and 7 doe. And we really need to take about another 15 doe off this place. I saw a doe just about every day I hunted. Pretty encouraged about our numbers, but have some work to do on our bucks.. We had one 18 inch deer that was a big 10 that will take our club trophy. I will get pics posted asap. I took so many close ups of my 11 that I cant get them to reduce into a frame to post, but I will figure it out.
I have been back to work this week and have honestly had to go the rehab pool to shake off the soreness.. There's not a bone or muscle in my body that is not sore, but worth every bit of it.
Had a great time and looking forward to going back Thanksgiving with all the little ones to take a few more doe if we can, and be the camp cook.
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Re: Go Lee shoots out
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
Congrats on the great hunts! Hopefully the pain will diminish soon. No, we are not getting any younger but we still think we can do what we did 20 years ago. For the most part we can but the time after isn't what it used to be. Good luck! Hope everything works out.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
Bearclaw... that's so true.. I was a beat man after camping and hunting hard for those days, walking, stalking, climbing in and out of stands and doing chores around camp.
While I was there, I was kinda of in my zone... but when I got home and took a hot shower and got back in my own bed, I felt like I had the flu, and I ride a bike 7-10 mikes a day.. There's just something about the adrenaline of it all that amps up the soul that really is why we do it in the first place.
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:10:18 PM »
sounds like you did great congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »
Sounds like a great trip, congrats on the deer. This age thing is getting out of hand. I spent the past 3 hours packing and loading up the truck for a two week hunt. I'm already sore, and I just got over all that from my hunt in GA. You really got to love this hunting thing to put yourself through all of this. Game on, I hit the road in the morning.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 06:12:03 AM »
you know we are getting old when the conversation usually goes to the weather or our aches and pains..lol....sounds like you had a great trip...congrats on the eleven point

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »
Sounds like a great trip. 

It''s amazing how fast out body can regress when we are inactive for large amounts of time.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:52 AM »
Congrats on your harvest...sounds like everyone had a great time...that age thing is starting to catch up with all of us. Took me a week to get over my trip. Using those climbers sure isn't as easy as it use to be... @--0--0105
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
Congrats on a fun hunting trip!!
I get sore after 2 days----don't know how you made it for two weeks!!! @--0--0105
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
Thanks for checking in Golee.  I've been wondering how your season is going. Sounds awesome. Congrats on the 11pt.  I'm glad all your troubles and work in the off season has worked out for you and your group. That's great man.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »
glad you had a great season.  Venison in the freezer is always good.  Boy, can I relate to the growing old thing.  The other day I took my buck to the processor.  Loading into the back of my pickup turned out to be a bit harder than normal.  I was still sore the next day. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad