New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Andrews Youth Deer  (Read 660 times)

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
Andrews Youth Deer
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »
My name is Andrew Crossley and I am twelve years old. I have been hunting since I was six ever since my dad took me out on my first hunt, I loved it. On Tuesday October 7, 2014 I went hunting in our woods in the backyard. I had a doe walk up from behind me and come 25 yards from me. I drawled as silent as I could. She had her head down and so I supposed she was eating and wasn’t paying attention. I guess she was actually looking right at me. Because as soon as I released I knew it was a clean miss. She just took a few steps back and stomped and blew. I knew the hunt was over. The next day October 8, 2014 I wanted to hunt at a different farm. On our way with my dad I said “Today I want to hunt with my crossbow in my own stand and I will see you at dark or I will come and get you if I shoot one”. Just at the last half hour of daylight I see a giant rack coming right down the path which leads to a thirty yard shot. He was at twenty seven yards perfectly broadside looking away from me. I shot and I laid the hammer on him. I went over to the stand my dad was sitting in he was so proud of me. We went to the truck to get a flash light. We tracked about thirty yards from where I shot him. I was so excited because this is the biggest buck I have ever shot and I got him by myself. This hunt makes yesterday’s disappointing day switch to an awesome week. I can’t wait to see him on the wall. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:14:21 PM by ligpd »

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Re: Andrews Youth Deer
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
Great job and a dandy buck Andrew!  We all have missed just like you.  But you stayed with it and got your buck.  Great job young man!  And thanks for the awesome story.  I felt like I was there! 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 02:21:49 PM »
Congrats, Andrew!  that is a very nice buck and a great story!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:13:16 PM »
Congrats Andrew, you did a good job!!! @--0--0123
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
wow, I wish I shot that buck when I was your age. he's dandy. congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »
Excellent job Andrew.  @--0--0123 Very nice buck!  ##$%#116

It's a treat to have such a good hunter as you tell your story. I'm glad you didn't dwell on the doe miss, just picked yourself up, learn from it and moved on. The mark of a true sportsman. Remarkable at you age, you had a good teacher.

Speaking of your teacher. OK dad show him how to enter it in the harvest report. His harvest needs to be preserved.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

New Page 3

Google Ad