New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: MI hunters who bought a single license but want a combo  (Read 238 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
MI hunters who bought a single license but want a combo
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
There is a solution if you have not already used your tag.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/da06e3

Michigan's new license structure requires hunters to choose at the time of purchase if they want the opportunity to harvest one or two antlered deer, and purchase either a single deer license (one kill tag) or a deer combo license (two kill tags).

Because this is the first year of the new structure, some hunters may have bought a single deer license without realizing they couldn't buy another antlered deer license later.

Those who bought a single deer license and haven't used it, and would like the deer combo license instead, may bring the unused license back to the store where they bought it during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) and ask the agent to call the DNR. The DNR will void the single deer license, the agent will keep the voided license and send it back to the DNR, and the hunter may then buy a deer combo license. Those who bought the single deer license online should call DNR Licensing at 517-284-6057 during business hours.

Please note that state offices are closed on Nov. 4 and Nov. 11, so DNR staff members will not be available to void licenses on those days.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: MI hunters who bought a single license but want a combo
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
That's interesting to know.  I have never bought a combo license, figured that in my hunting experience, getting one buck was difficult enough, let alone being able to shoot a second one.  There are antler restrictions, when you buy a combo license, too.  I did look into buyin a combo license this year, since I'm a senior now, and get a discount on some licenses.  The senior deer license is only $8. and allows you to take one buck.  The senior deer combo (2 bucks, in any season) costs $28., so you basically pay $8. for one tag, and $20. for the second one.  You would think if the senior tag is only $8, the combo would be $16.  BTW, seniors don't get a break on doe tags, you still have to pay $20. which is the regular price for resident tags.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad