New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Georgia Rut 2014  (Read 703 times)

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Georgia Rut 2014
« on: October 28, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »
Well folks for most of us all over the country we're approaching that magical part of the season that all deer hunter wait for every year. The next two weeks should be prime time to be in the deer woods. You'll see some really fine mature bucks taken in the coming weeks. I've been in the woods from early September and seen a few small bucks and does but no really much rutting sign.

That all changed last weekend. We got a much needed rain and the temperatures dropped into the forty's at night. Almost over night the rutting activity started with increased buck rubs and alot of scrapes for the first time. Seen much more deer movement on camera's and now seeing numerous deer killed on the roads and highways.

From now until mid November if you got the time off you need to be in the woods as this is the time of year for deer hunters dreams are made of...best of luck to everyone this year, be safe and have fun!!!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

Re: Georgia Rut 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
I was on the road today for work. there were several buck hit by cars. IT'S HEAR. this is what we all wait for. good luck and be safe
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »
Split - Well said....they should be crusing all day long....that big buck has my name on it...LOL...
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
Split Toe

It is that magical time of the year.  I am watching 5 mature does on my security cameras.  The past week they have become more active.  I am still waiting to see their boy frieds.  But its fun watching them on high quality cameras. 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline copnjax

• 10 Point
  • My 10 pt. / 240 lb. Buck
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 06:02:08 AM »
I'm taking my wife's boss to our lease this coming Wed. for 3 days of hunting.  This cold snap is certainly going to be the ticket!  We're planning on staying in the stands all day so, hopefully one or both of us will score!
Retired after 34 yrs. on Jacksonville (Fl.) Police Dept.  19 yrs. in patrol and last 15 yrs. in C.S.I.
Now I can hunt and go bass fishing anytime I want!  Started deer hunting in 2007 but, had many years as a teen hunting rabbits and squirrels.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:59:16 AM »
I am finally done with harvest and will get to hunt this coming weekend.  @--0--0118
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 03:28:31 PM »
Georgia Rut - 2018

Well in GA you can bet that the primary rut runs between the 28th of Oct to Nov 10 sometimes in between those dates....and you can bet the woods will be full of hunters from our club...

Each year in our club it seems like we all are retiring and there is nothing better than to start the day off with some of Split Toe's Coffee in the Cook Shack and then head to our favorite spot in the woods for 3 to 4 hours, sometimes 5 or 6, just depends on the number of deer we see.....last year my rut start on Nov 4th and ended on Nov 4th...saw 5 bucks then and let the first two go..the next three were shooters.....oh well, did not harvest any deer.....

So stay tuned for the GA Rut......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 05:13:04 PM »
you are similar to WI

I thought you were much later? jan-feb?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 05:28:34 AM »
you are similar to WI

Just depend on which part of the state you hunt in. During the stocking program in Georgia back in the 50's deer were introduce into different part of Georgia from Kentucky, Wisconsin, Texas and North Carolina. In southwestern Georgia the rut will start in January. We hunt in the piedmont and have the Kentucky and Wisconsin introduction.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »
you are similar to WI

Just depend on which part of the state you hunt in. During the stocking program in Georgia back in the 50's deer were introduce into different part of Georgia from Kentucky, Wisconsin, Texas and North Carolina. In southwestern Georgia the rut will start in January. We hunt in the piedmont and have the Kentucky and Wisconsin introduction.

you have some fine WI stock then. let me know if you want some of our wolves. we have plenty
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad