New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Deer Scent  (Read 783 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Re: Deer Scent
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Funny thing that happened today but it wasn't really funny. I had some Tink's Trophy Scent Lure which I don't normally use in addition to some Hunter's Specialties 180 (trying to catch the early bird, I mean 'buck'). Had a doe come in within 10 yards and then suddenly stopped, looked at where the scent dispensers were, put her nose up to smell and took off the other way. Do does not like the buck lure scent? I never had a shot as she stayed behind some tree branches.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 09:09:34 AM »
I have never had any luck using buck lure in liquid or gel form.Even if she was in heat I am sure she would be alarmed. I do carry doe urine in spray form if I jump something on the way in. In theory they circle back to see what jumped them.It worked years ago when I walked along a fence line and jumped something from the pines.I got up into my stand and shortly after 6 pointer came in looking.He was one of my first opening day deer.
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline Raylocker

• Fawn
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 03:03:40 AM »
I could see using a cover scent but a lot of them will turn a buck around real quick.You should do research with actual hunters like you are doing to see which ones are better quality...avoid the cheapest junk. I personally don,t use them..rattle and grunt some ...find the right trails and put in some time....good luck

New Page 3

Google Ad