New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Question for you Archery Gurus  (Read 1126 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: Question for you Archery Gurus
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 07:59:08 AM »
Still could be something in the form but perhaps it's not going to go back, we do change over time.  ;-D     At this point I would adjust the sights rather than training yourself to aim elsewhere.   If your form does return to where it was previously you can adjust accordingly.

It could also be something else such as cable stretch or something in the limbs.  As long as you are consistent, I would just roll with it.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline HoytShooter

• Oct/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Shoot Straight
    • My home page
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »
I sure hope you get this fixed.  One thing that happened to me was my field points would hit dead center on the target and the broadheads were hitting about 6 inches high.  This is where I DON'T trust ALL bowshops.  The owner told me must be bad broadheads and sold me some new ones.  While they did hit closer they were still off.

What I found was I adjusted my rest down just a little.  Talking about 1/32 of an inch here.  While my field points were almost unchanged by this adjustment my broadheads did drop.  I learned that broadheads CAN be affected more then field points by these adjustments.  This is what the "tuning" is all about.  I was able to get the broadheads to hit where the field points were and all was much better.

I don't know if this pertains to you at all but it might be worth trying something like lowering the rest and moving it slightly to the left.  ONLY do that if you mark where everything is first so you can go back if you need to.  Also I would only do this if it seems that the farther out you go the more high and right the arrow hits.
Proud father of a Daughter serving in Navy
'11 Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus Blackout Bone Collector w/Z3 Cams
'12 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT Bone Collector
41 years of hunting and fishing.
NRA Life Member

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »
Try closing your eyes and then Drawing your bow. Anchor and hold with your eyes closed. When you feel like everything is in place open your eyes.  See then if you have to move your head much to adjust to your peep sight and center your sight ring.  If it is way off I would start over and take it the bow shop to reset your peep. Then you will have to re-adjust your sights from there.  If everything is pretty well inline and in place then simply adjust your sights a little.  Could be a 5 min fix. Could be an alignment issue. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
These are all good ideas.  You can get WAY more complicated but try the old K.I.S.S. theory before you dive off in to the more complicated ideas.  Could it be something as simple as your rest/sights were bumped over the off season?  It wouldn't take much to throw you high and right.  Just curious.

fp19                                               %^$^
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:35:04 PM by foodplot19 »
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
If you have worked on your form and practiced like you say, I would say its time to move the pin...
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline Webfoot96

• Fawn
  • Puttin' folks on webbed footed creatures.
    • James Creek Outfitters
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 06:26:14 PM »
Well i have it figured out thanks to one of my hunting partner.  Asked him to come by and watch me shoot.  He is way better than me with a bow and he diagnosed me with Tightis Griposis.  The friends here that told me to lighten my grip were dead on.  I didn't realize i was gripping as tight as I was. When I put that in the forefront of my concentration it was problem solved.  Thanks you all for your input.
confidence is back now.  We'll see if it translates to the real deal soon.

Chuck
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic, you're really just doin 'em a favor!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »
Makes sense now, it's a bow, not a goose neck  ##$%#114
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association