New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: triumph muzzleloader  (Read 733 times)

Offline bluegill

• Spike
triumph muzzleloader
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:07:14 AM »
Hey guys,

anyone have trouble loading with this gun. I bought it last year never shot it, when out this year to do little sighting in, first shot loaded ok, shot, missed target at 35 yds, ( that another story), and the second load seized up half way down the barrel. Absoutly would not move. Had to take it home and pull the bullet, at home loaded it again, without a charge in it, same thing about the same place. when I finally got it out, i nocticed one of the wings on the sabot jacket was almost folded back. Pulled that one and called it a day. my hand was killing me. i don't think I'm doing anything wrong, barrel was cleaned, maybe try different sabots?

Offline Double D Gunworks

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • "We deal in lead friend"
Re: triumph muzzleloader
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 08:33:11 AM »
see if you can see a bad spot( i.e. pit,deformed rifling,) in the barrel??  It could be the sabots though.
"HUNT FOR LIFE!"

Daryl Duke
Life Member;
NRA
North American Fishing Club
TSRA business booster
member American Gunsmithing Association

Offline Hyperhound

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Still did it after the barrel was cleaned?  I would be tempted to try Powerbelts to eliminate the sabot after calling customer service to make sure there is not a defect.
Teach your children to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt and fish for your teenagers.

37 years hunting
3 years observing

Offline bluegill

• Spike
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »
Hyperhound,

I saw your reply in "muzzleloader ammo" and have a question about bore butter, when shooting sabots I thought you should only use bore butter when your storing the gun for the season to prevent rust? Do you use it in between shots?

Offline Hyperhound

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
Bluegill:

I did while seasoning the barrel.  But I used all lead bullets without sabots for that chore - much cheaper.  Have not been using bore butter that much since then.  Pretty much as you mentioned, when I park it for the season.
Teach your children to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt and fish for your teenagers.

37 years hunting
3 years observing

New Page 3

Google Ad