New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Crossbow bug....  (Read 712 times)

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
Crossbow bug....
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »
Well,After NY State added a Crossbow season again ( Cuomo's Election ploy to regain sportmans trust )I gave in and bought a Stryker LS crossbow.They are made by Bowtech.Reasearhed a few and picked this one due to speed and quietness,etc.Altho not cheap (899.00) I dealt with a semi local archery Shop and they were very helpful.Shot it at there range and it was Dead nuts on.Also picked up a sling,swapped  to 125 gr field points,an arrow for shooting to unload it.I already had some Muzzy Trocar Broadheads.Now I need a hard case and I am all set to rock-n-roll.I guess this was a retirement Gift to myself.....Looking forward to getting out this season.By the Way I will never surcome to King Cuomos rhetoric....I am the NRA and I vote !
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: Crossbow bug....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
Congrats!  I got the bug a few years ago when i started having some shoulder problems.

The Plano Manta hard case is really nice but it is big and and heavy. I have the smaller one they make, sorry i cant remember the model name. It fits my Barnetts but is not wide enough for my Excal. 

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:07:14 AM »
Love my new Crossbow.Now I have to get a hard case.They are hard to carry around in any vehicle.Also bought three bolts with the lighted knocks.Targets,release bolts,broadheads,rail lube ( wasn't included ) ,sling,case....Oh well....at least I don't spend money on Golf related stuff....
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:22:21 AM »
Congrats on your new crossbow. I also have a Stryker 380 that I bought last year. Truly love it amazing accuracy. I've not found a hard case yet that fits the bow. I carry it in my truck in the front seat floor board and it fits well there for me... Welcome to TH and happy hunting!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:52 AM »
NY Southern tier do not make out to bad on the new crossbow regs, the northern tier only gets 3 days before black powder starts, not much benefit for us
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

New Page 3

Google Ad