New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: FIRST WORK WEEKEND OF 2014 AT WEST FORK HUNTING CLUB, DONE!  (Read 279 times)

Offline BubbaBrown

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
FIRST WORK WEEKEND OF 2014 AT WEST FORK HUNTING CLUB, DONE!
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »

Many hunters were at their camps this past weekend, I saw many pickups with ATVs headed to the camp this past Friday, headed the same direction that I was heading.

I got into the camp at 4:00 PM, it was hard to get out of Baton Rouge with all of the traffic, as usual. The first thing on the agenda was to get the broken wheel off the tractor and get the tire mounted on the new wheel. I got to the tire place at 4:15 PM and told the guy what I needed, he shook his head no! I pleaded, I got here as soon as I could from Baton Rouge to get this done, so please help me. He said OK, he understood that not getting the tire fixed would blow my weekend. It took over an hour to get done. I had to wait for him to fix a flat on a big tractor tire and do an oil change before he got to me, but it was done and I'd be able to the trails graded and ready for the Summer.

Saturday morning after servicing the tractor, I headed out with Chipper as my oiler, Law Dog was chopping food plots and Zee and Rob where planting Whitetail Institute Power Plant in several plots. I started out grading the parking lot at the camp site and later found out that I cut a 220v power line in the parking lot. It was maybe 2 inches below the surface of the parking lot. Believe it or not, an electrician put that line in. Chipper and I took off for Macomb, MS after lunch to get what we needed to make the repairs and also the plumbing supplies needed for the hot water lines that froze this past Winter, we wanted to be able to take warm showers after the long work day. We got it done in 30 minutes. Law Dog had it dug out for us by the time we got back from Lowe's. Zee and Rob had to head in, Rob was feeling terrible and they road together. The busted pipes were fairly easy to repair. Chipper and I put a whole new section of cpvc in with new couplings and elbow and a new cutoff valve, that took maybe 20 minutes to do, then it was back on the tractor. This morning, Law Dog got away early and Chipper and I headed for the tractor and started back on working on the roads. We got away from the camp by 12:00 PM, us old dogs had enough for the weekend.

All in all, we had a very productive work weekend and wen are now ready for the new weekend.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline Possum

Re: FIRST WORK WEEKEND OF 2014 AT WEST FORK HUNTING CLUB, DONE!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
I had my invite sorry I didn't make it to Liberty Ms maybe next time
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:00:10 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together. Nothing feels better than a productive weekend of work.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »
glad you found someone to help out on the tire. i know how it is to have equiptment repairs set you back

congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad