New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: One More Week  (Read 392 times)

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
One More Week
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »
Can't wait for our Spring/almost Summer turkey season gets here. Most all states seasons are ready to close if they haven't already. I see the big toms out every evening, gobbling in the mornings. By the time May gets here they will all be turned off and not interested in any kind of call.  >:(
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: One More Week
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »
Hey, Gutshot, there is hope yet!  Last year, I was about to give up turkey hunting for the year, I hunt in our late season which is most of the month of May.  For 4 days, I saw birds every day, and they would come in just so far and hang up.  Finally, on the fifth day, I heard one gobbling about 10 am or so.  About 45 minutes later, I tagged it!  Never saw the bird, until it came out about 40 yds away.  It was on May 16.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline foxhunter126

• 10 Point
  • Foxhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
Here in Western, NY the turkeys have just started gobbling good as the weather has been very cold. We open up May first and today it was 65 degrees but will not make it out of the 50's for the next several days with rain predicted for our opener next Thursday. I hunt in the upper hills of the Bristol Valley and it is always 10 degrees colder than it is in Rochester. I am expecting a super season as I believe the breeding season will be later this year due to the cold weather. Good luck when you do open.
Foxhunter
Eat,Sleep,Hunt
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Wild Turkey Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Region 8 Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)
Executive Committee NYS Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
Hey Gut I'll be up Friday night and in the woods Sat. We're hunting the whole week so I hope your birds are HOT!!! The Gobblers down here got 6-8 hens roosting with they every night. I hope we get a fall season at some point because we got a lot of hens and we need to trim back some.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
Good luck Gutshot! And you too Bluetoe! Hopefully the birds will be in full swing and hot! Bluetoe, you are right about the hens. The gobbler this morning had no interest in my calls. I could just picture the hens struttin along with him!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

New Page 3

Google Ad