New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: It's getting closer  (Read 468 times)

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 8Pt Bow Kill
It's getting closer
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:50:24 PM »
Saw these guys on the side of the road today...Come on May 1st in NY!!!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: It's getting closer
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:00:03 PM »
Looking good!  The grass is getting green, the gobblers are lookin' for love, and hopefully we'll get enough warm days strung together that soon the morels will be popping up too.  Good luck in May!  I'm hoping to get a shot this coming weekend - three days is all I'll get, but the forecast doesn't look too bad.  Thanks for the pix Jala!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline foxhunter126

• 10 Point
  • Foxhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »
Jala,
Birds still gobbling hard around my camp. I will let you know how we do opening morning. Keep in touch about next Friday!
Fox
Eat,Sleep,Hunt
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Wild Turkey Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Region 8 Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)
Executive Committee NYS Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 07:41:44 AM »
Yup, getting to be that time of the year.  I may have a new place to hunt turkeys, but haven't had a chance to do any scouting, and already starting to get the pre-hunt jitters, if you know what I mean.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline gander

• 8 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
now open here..I called in a 20 lb. tom for my son this morning...not many around but he found the mark on this one

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:09:34 AM »
Best of luck Thursday...snowing here...no Tom's for a few days...one hen...I have to get to camp Monday or Tuesday to scout...Maya have to drive down there Thursday a.m.

Offline growalot

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
I said the above then these two showed up..Mr B and I watched them for 30 mins..they gobbled a few times then moved off...I spooked the hens 1/4 mile away across the road this am...only one cam caught them ..with just one pic...the Moultrie.... 3 cams in that area covering what I thought was everywhere...lol apparently not! the day was today...the time was 11:00 a.m. looks like I need to get closer to where they fly down..they never gobbled until 11:30a.m....hunting closes an 12pm each day...lol

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 8Pt Bow Kill
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 11:14:58 PM »
Nice ones Grow...Good Luck Thursday.  I just found out I won't be able to make opening day; I have to drive to CT for a job interview...Can you believe it, opening day of turkey season...Oh well, I'll be at it Fri, Sat, & Sun!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline growalot

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 05:59:07 AM »
Best of luck to you on both fronts...I just watched those two gobble across the lease property and over the top of the hill....looks like I better get close to fly down or they will be another's prize.So many hens and only these 2 seem to be around. I know they are covering a huge  area every day.

New Page 3

Google Ad