New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Shed hunting in the air  (Read 275 times)

Offline 3 beard

• 4 Point
Shed hunting in the air
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
Well it looks like people are about fed up with this crazy weather. Now that its warming up everyone is out and about. All the talk is about shed hunting. Still have a lot of snow on the ground here in the backwoods. If you're heading out it would be wise to carry along some tire chains and make sure you have some good hiking boots on. The woods roads are snow covered with ice underneath. Probably best to search the easier places close to the highway until things open up. Deer antlers are one thing but the elk are about ready to drop their antlers so there's a lot of buzz going on in preparation. The camps around Benezette are sure to be busy the next few weekends.

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
Re: Shed hunting in the air
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
Normally by this time of year I have gathered up a few sheds. This year there's too much snow. The mice and squirrels are having a field day with the extra protien.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
it would be a workout to say the least walking around here. been feeding 8 does and fawn here. i feel so bad for them i broke down. the fawns look real skinny. no bucks though
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline steelie74

• 7 Point
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
went shed hunting with my lab last week and the snow is still too deep and crusted over to have any fun or luck.3/4/14 saw a nice ten point at dusk in the cut corn where i was shedding .guess some still are carrying.fellow trailcamers are seeing alot of one antlered bucks.40's all this week so off i go again.
(thwack)  bowhunters will know the sound.  also my license plate   52 ACRES TO MAKE INTO MY ON LITTLE HONEYHOLE.  OH MY ACHIN BACK!!

New Page 3

Google Ad