New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Real World Wildlife Seeds  (Read 2202 times)

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
Real World Wildlife Seeds
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »
Curious, has anybody tried their RR Soybeans?  If so what kind of luck have you had.  If anybody has used both, how does it compare to Eagle Seed RR Soybeans?
Thank You everyone!!
 ##$%#115
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
Re: Real World Wildlife Seeds
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »
            I get my RR soybeans from the local seed elevator. Sometimes I'm able to get the seed that falls on the ground for $5 per 100 lbs. I also get it cheap from the deer hunters association. RR soybeans are easy to grow and will grow about anywhere, and the deer love them.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
isn't RR sotbeans the group that stan potts is with? i think it's his company, right?

i talked to them directly a couple years ago. they couldn't help me w/ my property being so far north. you will probably be fine in MO. seems like i remember thinking they are a knock off of  eagle seeds

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline AaronS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 12 Point
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:08:05 AM »
isn't RR sotbeans the group that stan potts is with? i think it's his company, right?

To my knowledge, Stan Potts isn't associated with Real World.  Don Higgins is the outdoor writer that is part owner.

While I haven't personally planted them, here's a quick comparison in a nutshell from all the info I've read on the QDMA forum:

Eagle beans are a forage bean and is geared to put on major plant growth.
Real World beans are selected for shatter resistance and hold their pods until later winter, providing bean pods later in the year than other varieties.
Eagle beans is probably a better choice for those in the south while RW would be better in the north.  It depends what your needs and goals are.
Real World is currently holding a contest asking participants to plant their product next to any competitor, video document the process and results, and the prize is a new Mathews bow.
http://www.realworldwildlifeseed.com/Index.html
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
1 cross + 3 nails = 4given

NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
QDMA Member

www.santapawspetpark.com

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:59 AM »
Dont get caught up in buying a branded for wildlife round up ready soybean. Go to your local coop or seed dealer and by one of the bags they sell. It will be cheaper and do just as well if not better.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »

To my knowledge, Stan Potts isn't associated with Real World.  Don Higgins is the outdoor writer that is part owner.

While I haven't personally planted them, here's a quick comparison in a nutshell from all the info I've read on the QDMA forum:

Real World beans are selected for shatter resistance and hold their pods until later winter, providing bean pods later in the year than other varieties.
Eagle beans is probably a better choice for those in the south while RW would be better in the north.  It depends what your needs and goals are.
Real World is currently holding a contest asking participants to plant their product next to any competitor, video document the process and results, and the prize is a new Mathews bow.

that's right, higgins. got them mixed up. be careful planting too far north. they have a longer growing season than i have. they wouldn't mature for me
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline AaronS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 12 Point
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »
that's right, higgins. got them mixed up. be careful planting too far north. they have a longer growing season than i have. they wouldn't mature for me

They are working on a blend for more northern climates.  You might contact them and see how it's coming along.  They may even give you a deal for testing it for them.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
1 cross + 3 nails = 4given

NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
QDMA Member

www.santapawspetpark.com

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »

That is one of the reasons I suggest buying from a local seed dealer. They have the right seed for your local enviorment.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Real World Wildlife Seeds
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »

That is one of the reasons I suggest buying from a local seed dealer. They have the right seed for your local enviorment.
I think snort offers good advice on this. Never hesitate to contact your county extension agent or local USDA office. They work for you and should be very knowledgeable about things like this.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline steelie74

• 7 Point
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »
aaron s and snortweeze are both right.aarons is right that the pods last longer into the lateseason.snortweeze is right that regular seed works just as well.i have used rw soybeans and they grow great and the deer will love them.but my friends buy regular seed and have the same results and pay 1/3 of what i pay for rw seed.great product but guess what im buying this season?
(thwack)  bowhunters will know the sound.  also my license plate   52 ACRES TO MAKE INTO MY ON LITTLE HONEYHOLE.  OH MY ACHIN BACK!!

New Page 3

Google Ad