New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: want a new trail cam?  (Read 952 times)

Offline bluegill

• Spike
want a new trail cam?
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
Looking for a easy no thrill trail cam. Have had two bushnell and not impressed. Also have a hunten which is decent. Any suggestions?

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • trukey season next
Re: want a new trail cam?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:33:46 PM »
for the reconyx is what it have got in 2008 and still going strong just pricey
turkey season near you sooning come on may 1

dave 1211

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »
I've really been impressed with the new Moultrie line from last year.  I bought an m-880 and it works awesome!  takes great pictures, good battery life and what's impressive is that it has a 100 ft ir flash range at night and I believe the detection range is 60 ft.  definitely going to be getting at least one more of these.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »
Covert blk 60...great battery...view screen ...temp moon date and time...small... weather proof...quick trigger speeds....

Offline foxhunter126

• 10 Point
  • Foxhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »
I bought two Moultrie entry level A5's and they are fantastic. Long battery life, great pictures and never a problem of any kind. Bought both for less than a hundred dollars on ebay brand new. Can't 'say enough about them! From talking to others, I have never heard a complaint about Moultrie.
Foxhunter
Eat,Sleep,Hunt
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Wild Turkey Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Region 8 Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)
Executive Committee NYS Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
want a new trail cam?
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »

I bought two Moultrie entry level A5's and they are fantastic. Long battery life, great pictures and never a problem of any kind. Bought both for less than a hundred dollars on ebay brand new. Can't 'say enough about them! From talking to others, I have never heard a complaint about Moultrie.
Foxhunter
How would you rate the trigger speed on the A5?  Did you use them as a trailcam or did you use them more aimed at a feeder or bait pile?  I've owned moultries for a long longtime. The only knock I've ever had on them is trigger speed. I've never been able to use them on a trail. All I get is pictures of the trail...ever now and then a butt.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Online Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:14 AM »
I've had Bushnell's that were good camera's but only got about two years out of them. Last year I bought one of the Moultrie 880 great camera with good trigger speed. I also purchase one of the Browning camera's (middle camera) which it I had to guess it's made by Moultrie which has also been a great camera for the money ($135).
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
I have a Wildgame  camera that i like a lot!
I also got a Hunten camera for Christmas that i like a lot. It takes great pictures, it is small and easy to hide, plus it was cheap!!($50.00)
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
I got a Hunten for Christmas 2 or 3 yrs ago.  Lasted one year.  I think one of the cats knocked off a table, but it never worked after that.  I contacted Hunten, and the gal said to send it in.  I never did. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:06 AM »
I really like my Cuddeback Ambush. It has great battery life, takes good clear pic's and is a smaller size. But most of all it wont break the bank.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline foxhunter126

• 10 Point
  • Foxhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »

Foxhunter
How would you rate the trigger speed on the A5?  Did you use them as a trailcam or did you use them more aimed at a feeder or bait pile?  I've owned moultries for a long longtime. The only knock I've ever had on them is trigger speed. I've never been able to use them on a trail. All I get is pictures of the trail...ever now and then a butt.
I used them in a grove of apple trees 250 yards from my ladder stands. They were feeding and rutting under the apple trees so I don't think trigger speed was a factor. However I did pick up several shots of a running fox, leaves blowing down in a very strong wind, and two hawks that came flying down to strike a bird. I have not used them on a trail yet so I cannot answer your question on the trigger speed very well.
Foxhunter
Eat,Sleep,Hunt
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Wild Turkey Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Region 8 Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)
Executive Committee NYS Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
Love my Cuddeback Attack IRs!!!!  Great battery life, 1/4 second picture shot and clear pictures!!!

Cost more but in the long run, worth it.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

New Page 3

Google Ad