New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Russcats 2013-14 Outdoor Journal  (Read 5280 times)

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Russcats 2013-14 Outdoor Journal
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
anti hunters in TX? I thought everyone had a gun down there. why would they do that? was it their hunting land before you got it?

good luck. that's just plain wrong
We've been going to the farm several years and have never seen anyone at their property until Friday. After our morning hunt Dave, Logan, and I drove to their house and met them all. We had a nice conversation we thought. Turns out they are hunters too. They live in the Dallas area and use this place as a weekend/hunting property. The reason we went to their house was to let them know we had the place across the fence leased and wanted them to know who we were etc. I'm thinking they hunted our place as they wanted because it has never been watched over much. They had the fence cut so they could get in from their property. My guess is after we left they decided they would try to run us off. I've never experienced anything like that. Hunters usually don't do things like that to other hunters. Especially after neighboring hunters extended the courtesy of a friendly visit to their camp. My feelings are these are city jerks that don't respect anyone. They live in a self centered world and could care less who they offend. Dallas is full of these types. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but something is going to be done in retaliation to what they did to us.  I'm pretty pissed about it.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Lahuntersforheroes

• Fawn
Re: Russcats 2013-14 Outdoor Journal
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:10 AM »
I'm in Louisiana. I haven't that happen but every year the surrounding neighbors are doing something to hinder our hunting. I've had them steal and break my feeders, drain the corn out, put out moth balls and hair, tear down the gates, cut my guide cables twice this year and pushed my tripod over and on top of that ride or walk around doing who knows what when we are not there. It's not anti-hunters its people that don't respect other's things!

Online yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »
anti hunters in TX? I thought everyone had a gun down there. why would they do that? was it their hunting land before you got it?

good luck. that's just plain wrong
We've been going to the farm several years and have never seen anyone at their property until Friday. After our morning hunt Dave, Logan, and I drove to their house and met them all. We had a nice conversation we thought. Turns out they are hunters too. They live in the Dallas area and use this place as a weekend/hunting property. The reason we went to their house was to let them know we had the place across the fence leased and wanted them to know who we were etc. I'm thinking they hunted our place as they wanted because it has never been watched over much. They had the fence cut so they could get in from their property. My guess is after we left they decided they would try to run us off. I've never experienced anything like that. Hunters usually don't do things like that to other hunters. Especially after neighboring hunters extended the courtesy of a friendly visit to their camp. My feelings are these are city jerks that don't respect anyone. They live in a self centered world and could care less who they offend. Dallas is full of these types. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but something is going to be done in retaliation to what they did to us.  I'm pretty pissed about it.

i extended a courtacy visit to the new milwaukee boys a few years ago. they are the same scum that i have to boot out every year off my property. some folks are just outlaws. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 14 Point
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »
My season ended today. Another year without a deer. But I sure did enjoy the season. Except for the bad neighbor experience in east Texas I had a lot of fun with my two sons and dad. We had a lot of fun at deer camp. We do have youth only until the 19th and I plan to get Logan out there a few more times.

Yesterday I took the kids on their first duck hunt. Logan shot his first duck. He was so excited.  After we hunted in the blind awhile they got a little bored so we decided to walk the creek area hoping to jump some ducks and get some more shots. We didn't jump any ducks. Instead we flushed out some hogs. We were real close to killing range with our shotguns but I called it off and we watched them scamper off. We found something I have never seen. The hogs had cut a whole bunch of switch grass and formed a perfect nest with it. It looked exactly like a huge bird nest. I had my son Logan lay in it for the pic to show the size of it.  It was a real cool morning. We didn't get home until well after noon. Boy were we hungry. 

This afternoon I went for one last deer hunt at my lease close to home.  I saw 5 doe and 3 bucks while hunting. None were legal deer. But it was fun to see some action for a change. It got dark so I had to leave. I drove towards the gate and shined my lights across a field. There stood about 8 doe and 4-5 bucks all out in the open grazing.  3 of the bucks were shooters. I watched them for over 10 minutes in my headlights. They paid me no mind at all. I could have easily taken one. No one else was around and they were right there only 50-75 yds away. But that would have been wrong and illegal. So I watched and enjoyed the moment. I didn't have pics of any of these bucks. This is he first I have seen of them. They all looked young and will look even better next year. Maybe one will show himself for Logan.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

-Joshua Crutchield

Online yari

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »
sounds like an action apcked last couple days. better luck next year. looks like a few will make it another year of antler growth
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 05:54:38 PM »
Deer or not sounds like you, Dad and the boys had a fun season. Those bucks will be even bigger next year! Tell Logan congrats on that first duck!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline russcat

• 14 Point
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
Deer or not sounds like you, Dad and the boys had a fun season. Those bucks will be even bigger next year! Tell Logan congrats on that first duck!
That's exactly right split. It's so much fun seeing my boys develop a love and desire to be out there. And so cool for them to spend time at camp with dad....and them actually enjoy it. This year a lot of progress was made In terms of my boys developing their outdoor/hunting skills and desires. It won't be long and they'll be taking me.  My job is no where near done but we are on the right track
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:45:15 PM by russcat »
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

-Joshua Crutchield

Offline russcat

• 14 Point
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »
Youth only deer season ends Sunday the 19th. After Logan's basketball games Saturday we are off to east Texas for one more try. He can shoot a buck or doe. Hopefully the idiot neighbors won't be there so we can hunt Undisturbed deer this time. The feeder has been running all season. There should be some action around it.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

-Joshua Crutchield

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:23 PM »
That's exactly right split. It's so much fun seeing my boys develop a love and desire to be out there. And so cool for them to spend time at camp with dad....and them actually enjoy it. This year a lot of progress was made In terms of my boys developing their outdoor/hunting skills and desires. It won't be long and they'll be taking me.  My job is no where near done but we are on the right track
Russ your post put a smile on my face. I commend you for being there for your kids and watching them develop into young men. My son is 24 now and he was in the woods or on a lake with me from about 4 on. I miss the Scouts and all the sports. He finally settled on wrestling and became a state champion in high school, those were fun times. We still hunt and fish as much as possible but he's working now and I'm retired...but you right he takes me hunting or fishing sometimes. Your at a very special time in life right now...enjoy the ride my friend!!! Absolutely nothing better than spending time in the outdoors with family.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad