New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: a life time of hunting memories  (Read 836 times)

Offline pa deerslayer

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
a life time of hunting memories
« on: December 27, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
my story began some 57 years ago with my maternal grandfather,and his brothers who were american indians,born just  after the indian wars of the 1870s. they were instilled with stories and memories given them by their father and grand father of a time from the 1830s and onward. A time when their people lived off the land,and appreciated it.They relayed this to me,and for many years i have envied these times,and still do. longing for a simpler time without technology.
    the memories i have of them are wonderful,they loved the earth,and all the creatures within it had a purpose.My memories have been VAST,none greater than the times with my grandsons,o have attempted to instill within them this appreciation,and i can say they all love deer hunbting,and the outdoors.

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
a life time of hunting memories
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
I'm sure the camp fire at y'all's camp has been an interesting place to be a part of over the years PA.  I would love to just sit and listen to the history.

I'm sitting at the camp fire right now with my two sons and my dad.  Dad is in his mid 70's and is still able to do it.  Each year is cherished more and more. Im thankful he is still here for them to experience deer camp with. Some day they will tell their kids the stories pa bob has shared with them.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
Re: a life time of hunting memories
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 06:27:43 AM »
PA, memories is what it's all about and it sounds like you have some fantastic ones!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 07:01:36 AM »
maybe you should write a journal.  It's easy to forget details over time. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline pa deerslayer

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
michigan louie,i can tell u pap and his brothers taught me survival skills,most people have none today,if the grocery store closed they would starve,there is an abundance of food growing wild in northern woods,a variety of nuts,and roots,they also taught me how to make arrows and bows,and arrow heads,at one time i tanned my own hides. i was taught the sights and sounds,the different trees,etc,my grandsons were amazed when i could tell them a deer was near. its been interesting,but best is my never failing appreciation for the outdoors,the respect for it,and the knowledge none can be owned.I just love hunting,always have,i was born 150 years to late.
    let me attempt to tell u type in usda edible plants,then search by state,preferbably the one u llive in,if u have a lot of woods and temperate climate u will see that they have several thousand wild plants listed that are edible where u live. and by season,did u know most pine needles are medicinally good for ailments when boiled in water then drinken?not with the needles.just the liquid.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:06:01 PM by pa deerslayer »

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »
PA, sounds like an amazing time!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

New Page 3

Google Ad