New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Get Motivated - Cameron Hanes  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Mo_Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Train Hard. Hunt Easy.
Get Motivated - Cameron Hanes
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »
Hello everyone,

I want to share this with those that might be interested. This has helped me greatly and maybe it will you too... Merry Christmas!

I am 53 years old and plan on going Archery Backpack Elk Hunting next fall for the first time in almost 20 years (I used to go in my 20's). Getting in shape at 53 is much more difficult now and staying motivated to do it is even harder.

I ran across this guy while researching the internet and he has got me hooked. His motivation is unreal and his training techniques are all aimed at bowhunting, backpacking and the mountains.  He has numerous YouTube videos covering these topics, a website and a Facebook page.  He is a Bowhunting Athlete. He runs, shoots and trains everyday. He practices shooting at twice his max hunting distance and he practices out to 160 yards (watch his videos).

If anyone needs help getting motivated and staying motivated to improve their physical performance (for whatever reason) you must check this guy out. The YouTube videos show his passion and motivation the best...

YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/cameronhanes/videos

His Website:  http://www.cameronhanes.com/

He has a Facebook page also:  https://www.facebook.com/camhanes

Let me know what you think....

Scott
Train Hard. Hunt Easy. (Cameron Hanes)
 ##$%#116 %^$^
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

NRA Member
QDMA Member
DU Member
Eagle Scout
Adult Scout Leader and Parent

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
Re: Get Motivated - Cameron Hanes
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
I need to get motivated to loose some weight myself.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »
i will be loosing some lbs after the new year. old cameron is in great shape. he does have a lot more free time than me though. if i was an outdoor writer i could find the time to stay in great shape. unfortunately i'm behind a desk. before you set expectations like he has, please take that into consideration so you don't get let down and discouraged. it's not apples to apples

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Mo_Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Train Hard. Hunt Easy.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »
i will be loosing some lbs after the new year. old cameron is in great shape. he does have a lot more free time than me though. if i was an outdoor writer i could find the time to stay in great shape. unfortunately i'm behind a desk. before you set expectations like he has, please take that into consideration so you don't get let down and discouraged. it's not apples to apples

good luck

Those are some very good points. He does have a full time job as a buyer in the local water department and has been there many years. There is a bio for him on the website.  But he must have a lot of vacation time to go on all those hunts. I will never get to where he is, but I will get as good as can. I've been training 3 times a week since before Thanksgiving and can already see and feel amazing changes.

Scott

NRA Member
QDMA Member
DU Member
Eagle Scout

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 06:32:30 PM »

good luck

Those are some very good points. He does have a full time job as a buyer in the local water department and has been there many years. There is a bio for him on the website.  But he must have a lot of vacation time to go on all those hunts. I will never get to where he is, but I will get as good as can. I've been training 3 times a week since before Thanksgiving and can already see and feel amazing changes.

Scott

that's hard to believe he has a full time job. i must be doing something wrong. i don't have nearly the time to train he does.

keep up the training. i work out 5 times a week before work. if i miss a day or 2 i feel like garbage. it gets to be addicting. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Mo_Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Train Hard. Hunt Easy.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
Had a great workout tonight!  Climbed 65 flights of stairs in 20 mins, worked the core, chest, back and arms. Felt good!!!!

Scott -00-9 %^$^

NRA Member
QDMA Member
DU Member
Eagle Scout

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
Cool videos.   I've seen him before, I must have stumbled upon his vids before but never realized he had a whole collection of stuff out there.

Motivation is key for getting into shape.  A year ago a friend talked me into signing up for a Warrior Dash.  The got me off the couch and got me down 70 pounds.   For next year I signed up for a Tough Mudder, hoping to get down another 50+ pounds by May for this one.  I'm very objective oriented, I need a definite goal to keep me focused.

I did notice a big difference when hunting this year.   I did not get nearly as winded walking to the blinds/stands or dragging a deer out of the woods.   The hunting clothes fit a bit better as well.

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Mo_Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Train Hard. Hunt Easy.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
Cool videos.   I've seen him before, I must have stumbled upon his vids before but never realized he had a whole collection of stuff out there.

Motivation is key for getting into shape.  A year ago a friend talked me into signing up for a Warrior Dash.  The got me off the couch and got me down 70 pounds.   For next year I signed up for a Tough Mudder, hoping to get down another 50+ pounds by May for this one.  I'm very objective oriented, I need a definite goal to keep me focused.

I did notice a big difference when hunting this year.   I did not get nearly as winded walking to the blinds/stands or dragging a deer out of the woods.   The hunting clothes fit a bit better as well.

WOW! 70lbs that is awesome! My goal is 40lbs which woul default the weight of my backpack (almost).

Scott

NRA Member
QDMA Member
DU Member
Eagle Scout

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »
I have seen him on a couple of hunting shows.  He has filmed those backpack mountain hunts where he shoots a monster mule deer or elk.  He presents himself as a real nice guy on film.
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Mo_Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Train Hard. Hunt Easy.
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
I have seen him on a couple of hunting shows.  He has filmed those backpack mountain hunts where he shoots a monster mule deer or elk.  He presents himself as a real nice guy on film.

Ya, if you watch a lot of his YouTube videos you can really see that he is dedicated to bowhunting and very passionate about it.

Scott

NRA Member
QDMA Member
DU Member
Eagle Scout

New Page 3

Google Ad