New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: PRODUCT REVIEW - Vortex Diamondback 10x32 Binos  (Read 5943 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: PRODUCT REVIEW - Vortex Diamondback 10x32 Binos
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »
With Deer season winding down, now would be a good time to go over your optic set up, on your deer rifle and your hunting/spotting binoculars, your rangefinder and your spotting scope!

Each year, I go back and re-look at my rifle set up to make sure I have the right scope on the right rifle!!! It would be a good time to ask Mrs. Clause for a stocking stuffer!!! Would like to know if any of you guys/gals had a problem as I did about 10 years ago. I had two monster bucks come in behind in on an over grown and had my back to them. They were so close to me about 15 to 20 yards could not get the Leupold 6X scope I had on my Ruger #1A in 7x57mm.....I could not get the deer in the scope in time, had to find him and when I did, could not shoot because he was already past me. So after the season, I sort did some soul searching and came up with a plan on looking at each rifle and making sure that it had the right scope on it......I sold the both 6X Leupold's and put a Nikon Monarch Gold 1.5-6X x 42mm with a 30mm tube, great scope, on a bunch of my rifles, think I found about 6 of them........Then Vortex came out with their Optic lines and were they good for the money!!!

I am not going to in on all the sets of binoculars I bought this year, most of them are documented on here somewhere....LOL....but there is nothing like a good set of binoculars. I have broken them down into two rules. The first rule is when you are a portable climber or a one man stand and the type of terrain you are hunting in and the other you are over looking a potential longer shot and you need to look and look some more to size him up......The first rule is close quarters and you need a 7X or 8X or even 10X power binoculars, but you need a light weight so you can spot the deer in a hurry, say in the 30mm, 32mm, or even 34mm objective....You might see something in the woods that you are not sure off? Is that a set of legs or set of antlers? You will need something light weight. The second rule is the longer range binos....if you are hunting from a vantage point were you can see a long way...something you might need to see a whole lot more....definitely a 10X or even 12X and for sure a 40mm or 42mm Objective Lense.

Rangefinders are another all together category......if you use a compound and hunt high then you are looking at one type of rangefinder and it you use a crossbow and rifle, such as I do, then there is only one to considered a Leica....They have the best glass on the market in their's!! I won many different rangefinder, you remember the one that had two opening and use only one eye...the first generation were limited to 400 yards...a chip shot to today's my more elaborate rangefinders. I got one that goes to 800 yards and then another one that goes to 1000 yards....I bought a $135 Bushnell Bone Collector a couple of years ago and it works very good today....be sure to take their battery out when they are not in use!! But my main Rangefinder I bought about 7 or 8 years ago and it is the Leica that supposedly goes out to 900 yards....take a weird battery.....

I have bought a few Spotting scopes this year, a few last year as well, a few new and some refurbished ones and one used one....try to keep in mind about putting them in a back pack and using them out West. I am getting almost to old to go out West these days....

Now would be a good time to look at your optics on your rifle and make sure you are using the right rifle where you are hunting....Most of my shots are going to be under 50 to 60 yards so I don't need a magnum for those distances!!! matter of fact, really don't need a 25-06, 270, 280 or 30-06 class round as well.....all you need is a 243, 7mm-08, or 308 class round for that short distance....Topped with a good clear rifle scope is all you need..... 

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
good info bo. after my recent leica purchase it got me hooked on top quality glass. i'm looking seriously at Tract scopes. i've heard great things and anytime i can eliminate the middleman i like it. the price isn't too bad either
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 05:52:06 AM »
Yari - I have to put the TRACT binoculars up there with Swarovski EL , Zeiss Conquest, Vortex Vipers.....Yes but the optics are getting better and cheaper than ever, that is what I like about them!!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad