New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Mechanical Deer Feeders  (Read 990 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Mechanical Deer Feeders
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »
bears are just giant coons. they are clever and can make a huge mess
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
Re: Mechanical Deer Feeders
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Yari you're right about that! I have one of the blue feeders at home right now plugging the bear teeth holes in it for my trip to MS. I found the best way to patch them was to use the tape used to seal A/C ducting on the inside, covers holes on the inside and won't come off and then I calk the holes on the outside with 3M 5200. In Florida where we have the bear problem I'm building a new tripod using EMT conduit for the legs and raising it up to about 15' high, the legs of the tripod will be wire tied to T-posts pounded at least 2 feet into the ground! Seems to stop them so far!
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad